This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gone Home. The biggest deceit in PC Gaming History. -SPOILERS-

#11Snight01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 12:21:14 PM
member1982 posted...
The game is seriously 30 minutes long? I wouldn't pay more than $2 for that even if it was a good game...

18 people here says 2 Hours http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4010 and fastest is 1 Hour

Thats pure BS. Its 30 minutes.

front door, unlock Samantha locker, you find a couple of hidden rooms and keys, you find the last hidden room and key and head towards attic. You read her final entry in her dairy.

It can be completed in nearly 3 minutes by just heading straight to the hidden room and collecting the attic key.
---
Worst Optimized PC Games
Diablo 3 (SSD Needed), Metro 2033. Crysis 3, Slender The Arrival, GTA4
#12Snight01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 12:23:21 PM
Ch3wy posted...
It's got about 2 or so hours worth of content if you actually explore the house. Sure you can do a speed run but what is the point of that? You shouldn't judge a game on how fast you can beat it.

Also, for your criticism "No indication or warning that the game is a hardcore LGBT title"..
Exactly how did you want them to indicate this? Have a big ol' "THIS GAME IS GAY" sticker on it? I mean in the trailer it said it had music from a feminist movement in it and had a girl talking about another girl, do the ****ing math.

That being said, the game did kind of suck. Interesting way of telling a story, but the story itself wasn't interesting. Your sister's gay. Your mom's a whore. So ****ing original.

You forget that the dad was molested by his uncle which happens to be the same house you're exploring.
---
Worst Optimized PC Games
#13triple sPosted 8/19/2013 12:25:28 PM
Just went through this....

How this game manages to sell for $20 and get 90+ review ratings is beyond me. The story was ****ing lame....

Spoilers

What the hell is up with the blood in the bathroom?
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#14Mystical_NEETPosted 8/19/2013 12:27:43 PM
Snight01 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
It's got about 2 or so hours worth of content if you actually explore the house. Sure you can do a speed run but what is the point of that? You shouldn't judge a game on how fast you can beat it.

Also, for your criticism "No indication or warning that the game is a hardcore LGBT title"..
Exactly how did you want them to indicate this? Have a big ol' "THIS GAME IS GAY" sticker on it? I mean in the trailer it said it had music from a feminist movement in it and had a girl talking about another girl, do the ****ing math.

That being said, the game did kind of suck. Interesting way of telling a story, but the story itself wasn't interesting. Your sister's gay. Your mom's a whore. So ****ing original.

You forget that the dad was molested by his uncle which happens to be the same house you're exploring.

Sounds like a bunch of edgy bulls*** written for shock value. Also, it seems like it's actually trying to PANDER to the LGBT crowd or something, which I never approve of in vidya. Better when it actually fits in a larger story and isn't the focus.
#15Snight01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 12:28:07 PM
triple s posted...

How this game manages to sell for $20 and get 90+ review ratings is beyond me. The story was ****ing lame....

Spoilers

it's red hair dye. Samantha dyed Lonnie hair. When you pick up the bottle to inspect the brand bottle used. She carry on with a short story that lonnie looked at her reflection on the mirror and said... You're so beautiful.

*cringes*
---
Worst Optimized PC Games
#16triple sPosted 8/19/2013 12:30:00 PM
It took me about an hour and a half to beat it and I pretty much searched most areas I could think of. I could of used that hour and a half to put towards Skyrim.
---
#17TimePharaohPosted 8/19/2013 12:31:01 PM
triple s posted...
It took me about an hour and a half to beat it and I pretty much searched most areas I could think of. I could of used that hour and a half to put towards Skyrim.

And then you could have used that hour and a half to put towards a good game like Morrowind
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#18triple sPosted 8/19/2013 12:31:23 PM
Snight01 posted...
triple s posted...

Spoilers

it's red hair dye. Samantha dyed Lonnie hair. When you pick up the bottle to inspect the brand bottle used. She carry on with a short story that lonnie looked at her reflection on the mirror and said... You're so beautiful.

*cringes*

lol
---
#19triple sPosted 8/19/2013 12:34:10 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
triple s posted...

And then you could have used that hour and a half to put towards a good game like Morrowind

Or Skyrim like I said.
---
#20Ch3wyPosted 8/19/2013 12:34:51 PM
One thing I didn't get... didn't they move into the house 3-4 years ago right as Sam started her freshman year or did I miss something? Everything is still packed up and they didn't have time to set up a guest room for you.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.