This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gone Home. The biggest deceit in PC Gaming History. -SPOILERS-

#41pothocketPosted 8/19/2013 1:09:32 PM
r0ge00 posted...
pothocket posted...
Yeah, reading notes in an interactive medium is not the best way to tell a story.

But....lesbians....

/sarcasm

Obviously a subject you'd rather experience than read about, right? That's what I'm talking about with videogames being an interactive medium.

You read books

You watch movies

And you experience videogames
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#42YoungAdultLinkPosted 8/19/2013 1:12:35 PM
pothocket posted...
r0ge00 posted...
pothocket posted...
Yeah, reading notes in an interactive medium is not the best way to tell a story.

But....lesbians....

/sarcasm

Obviously a subject you'd rather experience than read about, right? That's what I'm talking about with videogames being an interactive medium.

You read books

You watch movies

What about text-based adventure games?
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#43RPGMattPosted 8/19/2013 1:13:39 PM
Snight01 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Ch3wy posted...
It's got about 2 or so hours worth of content if you actually explore the house. Sure you can do a speed run but what is the point of that? You shouldn't judge a game on how fast you can beat it.

Also, for your criticism "No indication or warning that the game is a hardcore LGBT title"..
Exactly how did you want them to indicate this? Have a big ol' "THIS GAME IS GAY" sticker on it? I mean in the trailer it said it had music from a feminist movement in it and had a girl talking about another girl, do the ****ing math.

That being said, the game did kind of suck. Interesting way of telling a story, but the story itself wasn't interesting. Your sister's gay. Your mom's a whore. So ****ing original.

It actually really is for the story in a VIDEOGAME.

Yeah I guess so. Video games aren't normally a very good means for family drama related stories.

RPGMatt posted...
While the criticisms against the game are mostly legitimate... Who the **** cares if the story is about a lesbian? Like you all get offended about the "LGBT agenda." Big deal.

I agree, this only makes your criticisms have less worth when you say that's a con because it shows right away that you have a bias.

Plus I mean it's just lesbians, it's not like it has dudes banging or anything. I thought people liked lesbians.

I'd rather a straight relationship when playing a game. But since i was screwed over into buying this crap because of the high rating it received, i really had no choice..

Doesn't this crap show daily on the LIFETIME channel except its women in their middle 30's or 40's?

Wow... Just wow. Gay people exist, and it's a perfectly legitimate plot element. It's not like your avatar in the game is the gay one or anything. Criticize the METHOD of telling the story all you want, but get with the ****ing 21st century, man.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#44pothocketPosted 8/19/2013 1:16:50 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
pothocket posted...
r0ge00 posted...
pothocket posted...

But....lesbians....

/sarcasm

You read books

You watch movies

What about text-based adventure games?

Have become extinct for a reason. The worlds they described are now able to be rendered in real time. Just like movies grew with technology (sound/color) so to does the gaming medium.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#45triple sPosted 8/19/2013 1:17:11 PM
Gay, lesbian, straight or not, the game ****ing sucked and at this moment is without a doubt the most overrated game I have ever played. The story was lame and the game isn't even worth $5 for what you get.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#46Snight01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 1:28:23 PM

Wow... Just wow. Gay people exist, and it's a perfectly legitimate plot element. It's not like your avatar in the game is the gay one or anything. Criticize the METHOD of telling the story all you want, but get with the ****ing 21st century, man.

What pisses me off is why was this shoved? Why wasn't the LGBT theme mentioned? It wasn't mentioned in any way, i could've easily turned to piracy but i purchased the game because i always give a game with a high rating a fair choice eg The witcher 1 and 2.

Instead i was fooled into buying a 30 minute teenage lesbian detective game surrounding a house that father was molested in.

This game is the reason why piracy exists on every platform, console and pc.
---
Worst Optimized PC Games
Diablo 3 (SSD Needed), Metro 2033. Crysis 3, Slender The Arrival, GTA4
#47Ch3wyPosted 8/19/2013 1:34:49 PM
Snight01 posted...

What pisses me off is why was this shoved? Why wasn't the LGBT theme mentioned? It wasn't mentioned in any way, i could've easily turned to piracy but i purchased the game because i always give a game with a high rating a fair choice eg The witcher 1 and 2.

Instead i was fooled into buying a 30 minute teenage lesbian detective game surrounding a house that father was molested in.

This game is the reason why piracy exists on every platform, console and pc.

Like I asked before, how do you propose that they warn you of the theme?

Also it's not really "shoved". It's just what the game was about.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#48SleepComaPosted 8/19/2013 1:38:14 PM
Lol yeah, I definitely see a link, my wife's cousin loved playing Street Fighter as a little girl.

Guess what? She's lesbian now.
---
i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 Ghz | Ripjaws 16gb | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Gigabyte Z87x |
Steam Viridis Emporos
#49Panzer_SquidPosted 8/19/2013 1:39:34 PM
SleepComa posted...
Lol yeah, I definitely see a link, my wife's cousin loved playing Street Fighter as a little girl.

Guess what? She's lesbian now.

I imagine it'd be hard not to go lesbian for Chun-Li's thunder thighs
---
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum
#50matu90rkPosted 8/19/2013 1:43:04 PM
ITT: LGBT people going out of their way to pretend that they are offended.

If TC doesn't like non-straight romances then he's in his right to do so.