This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gone Home. The biggest deceit in PC Gaming History. -SPOILERS-

#81kingrat2314Posted 8/19/2013 5:12:42 PM
BiffStu posted...
Snight01 posted...
No indication or warning that the game is a hardcore LGBT title( If i knew this, i wouldn't have bought it) and every audio log you recover goes in detail of samantha carrying out her sexual fantasies on her red haired girlfriend who can happen to play street fighter quite respectably.

Thanks for letting me know. I was rather interested in playing the game. Everyone seems to argue the whole, "If you don't like it, then don't play it" point, but that's a little hard if there is no warning that there will be offensive content in there.

Apparently not wanting to play this game due to the overt lesbian agenda makes me a bigot: "a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices." And all those people out there who hate me because of their opinions and prejudices are not bigots. Am I getting that right? Just making sure.

Saying you want to stay away from LGBT themes in a story and mentioning the "lesbian agenda" makes you sound homophobic, even if you're not. And the connection from homophobia to bigot is easy to make. At least understand where everybody else is coming from. People are passionate about this stuff. What I don't get is how a character simply being gay can affect the story negatively in any way? You and TC clearly have a beef with simple homosexuality, not just games in which it's completely overt and presented poorly, like this one.
---
Tread lightly.
#82NezrubBehemothPosted 8/19/2013 5:19:28 PM
So let me get this straight - this game revolves around you snooping through a family's rooms in order to get details on their sex lives?

Wow totally thrilling! I don't know why anyone would prefer games about fighting dragons or saving the universe from evil robots to this.
#83TimePharaohPosted 8/19/2013 5:19:51 PM
kingrat2314 posted...

Saying you want to stay away from LGBT themes in a story and mentioning the "lesbian agenda" makes you sound homophobic, even if you're not.

Not really. I don't want to kiss a man. I don't want a man naked beside me. I don't want a game that consists of naked men. How is that homophobic (brotip: phobia=fear).

If you don't play dating simulators, does that make you heterophobic? Or if you don't like FPS games, are you gunphobic?
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#84RPGMattPosted 8/19/2013 5:22:12 PM
I get the impression that the developers were concerned with making an artsy exploration type game first, and the actual story that goes into it second. They probably chose the subject matter to set themselves apart. I certainly don't think the sole purpose of the game is to spread propaganda.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#85Ch3wyPosted 8/19/2013 5:25:43 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
kingrat2314 posted...

Saying you want to stay away from LGBT themes in a story and mentioning the "lesbian agenda" makes you sound homophobic, even if you're not.

Not really. I don't want to kiss a man. I don't want a man naked beside me. I don't want a game that consists of naked men. How is that homophobic (brotip: phobia=fear).

If you don't play dating simulators, does that make you heterophobic? Or if you don't like FPS games, are you gunphobic?

It's about lesbians bro.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#86Uru_ZephPosted 8/19/2013 5:31:52 PM
kingrat2314 posted...
BiffStu posted...
Snight01 posted...
No indication or warning that the game is a hardcore LGBT title( If i knew this, i wouldn't have bought it) and every audio log you recover goes in detail of samantha carrying out her sexual fantasies on her red haired girlfriend who can happen to play street fighter quite respectably.

Thanks for letting me know. I was rather interested in playing the game. Everyone seems to argue the whole, "If you don't like it, then don't play it" point, but that's a little hard if there is no warning that there will be offensive content in there.

Apparently not wanting to play this game due to the overt lesbian agenda makes me a bigot: "a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices." And all those people out there who hate me because of their opinions and prejudices are not bigots. Am I getting that right? Just making sure.

Saying you want to stay away from LGBT themes in a story and mentioning the "lesbian agenda" makes you sound homophobic, even if you're not. And the connection from homophobia to bigot is easy to make. At least understand where everybody else is coming from. People are passionate about this stuff. What I don't get is how a character simply being gay can affect the story negatively in any way? You and TC clearly have a beef with simple homosexuality, not just games in which it's completely overt and presented poorly, like this one.

And using words like "homophobic" makes you sound biased, even if you're not. It's called using slated terms, a form of ad hominem.

It's not simply that a character is gay in the story. It's that the story centralized the element in order to market and spread a worldview that is currently conflicting and competing with another (or several others). It's not just coincidence that the writers chose such a controversial topic, just as it's not coincidence that so many people take up arms to defend it.
#87The_Pig_HostagePosted 8/19/2013 5:33:50 PM
Damn, I would have bought this game earlier if I had known it was about lesbians.
#88AldathPosted 8/19/2013 5:37:32 PM
It's highly rated because it has LBGT content on it.

Nowadays if you place content appealing to the homosexual public, whatever you did MUST be highly rated, if you don't, that means you're a bigot of some sort or you're a retrogradist. It's like people is actually FORCED to like LBGT content to be considered human beings worth living on the 21st century. I'm not saying some series or games with LBGT content aren't good (take the Modern Family TV series, it's really good!), but some others are just being clapped for including said contents (take out LBGT from Glee and tell me how many people rates it highly or even watches it).
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#89PolarisPosted 8/19/2013 5:41:27 PM
A game that can elicit this strong of a response and generate this much discussion is pretty good.
#90Uru_ZephPosted 8/19/2013 5:44:39 PM
Aldath posted...
(take out LBGT from Glee and tell me how many people rates it highly or even watches it).

People who like music and drama.