This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best looking pc games?

#1thefabregas22Posted 8/19/2013 4:31:42 PM
I've been wanting to see some top of the line graphics but so far nothing has really looked too impressive.

Today I tried the witcher 2 with everything on ultra (ubersampling off) and textures still seemed muggy up close.

Then battlefield 3, everything at ultra and while it looked ok looking at smaller details like posters and foliage and things like that I could see they didn't look too good.

What are the best looking games on pc that will really wow me with realism level graphics.

(also tried metro 2033 on ultra with dx11 effects but still saw flaws in graphical prowess)
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: Admiral Classy
#2TheFeshPincePosted 8/19/2013 4:32:53 PM
Metro LL looks great. Crysis 3 looks stupid IMO. The first Crysis with mods can look really nice.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#3DiamondDogsPosted 8/19/2013 4:49:44 PM
Finished downloading Crysis 2 on Origin and all I can say is holy s***.
---
You get it started, and I'll run you over. That's the best plan I can think of.
#4Ep1taph303Posted 8/19/2013 5:22:26 PM
DiamondDogs posted...

Yeah, that was my reaction to all the low res textures.
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/
#5Dark_SpiretPosted 8/19/2013 5:40:23 PM
first off youre ALWAYS going to find visual flaws in even the best looking games if you look for them. No game is 100% perfect.

that said check out..
Crysis 2/3
Metro LL
Hitman Absolution
Far Cry 3
Tomb Raider
Planetside 2
Shogun 2
Max Payne 3
Alan Wake
Tera
Wargame: European Escalation
Anno 2070
Rage (assuming it doesnt screw up)
Hard Reset
---
Currently playing: Divinity: Dragon Commander - Spelunky - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
#6NingishzidaPosted 8/19/2013 6:07:49 PM
Ep1taph303 posted...
DiamondDogs posted...

lol

STALKER series is innately visually stunning, with mods it's up there with the best.
#7NingishzidaPosted 8/19/2013 6:10:04 PM
thefabregas22 posted...
Today I tried the witcher 2 with everything on ultra (ubersampling off) and textures still seemed muggy up close.

aesthetically dire game to appeal to base sensibilities, over-use of color and blinding bloom
#8xBrokenxHaloxPosted 8/19/2013 6:11:17 PM
Ningishzida posted...
Ep1taph303 posted...
DiamondDogs posted...

lol

STALKER series is innately visually stunning, with mods it's up there with the best.

One of the ugliest games I have ever played.
---
Just so I can type in CAPS
#9BuburibonPosted 8/19/2013 6:24:18 PM
thefabregas22 posted...
I've been wanting to see some top of the line graphics but so far nothing has really looked too impressive.

Then battlefield 3, everything at ultra and while it looked ok looking at smaller details like posters and foliage and things like that I could see they didn't look too good.

What are the best looking games on pc that will really wow me with realism level graphics.

(also tried metro 2033 on ultra with dx11 effects but still saw flaws in graphical prowess)

Do you own any of those games on a console, so that you could try a side by side comparison? When I saw the Witcher 2 on the 360 I didn't think much of it, on PC I thought it looked good, but I wasn't blown away or anything like that. Then, I decided to do a direct comparison, and was finally "wowed" by the difference between them.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#10SpacedDuckPosted 8/19/2013 7:12:24 PM
Out of all the latest games and some classics like Crysis I still think Max Payne 3 looks the best out of all of them.

Tomb Raider is pretty close behind.

I just find with Max Payne 3 the graphics, amazing bullet time animations and death animations along with awesome rag doll physics make it the total package.

Other games look awesome too but this one not only looks awesome but it's also a blast while looking awesome.

Very under appreciated title.
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!