This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often, on average, do you reformat your home computer?

#31claytonbuckleyPosted 8/20/2013 1:20:27 AM
Orestes417 posted...
Hardware failures or OS upgrades. That's it.

---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
#32Treason686Posted 8/20/2013 3:43:25 AM
Just reformatted last week. I hadn't done that since I built this machine in late 2009/early 2010 or so.

I technically didn't even need to do it, but there was a problem I hadn't been able to fix. The computer wouldn't hibernate. Right now the new install BSODs every time it goes to sleep, which may be due to MotionInJoy, but I haven't done any troubleshooting yet.
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#33ShpooplePosted 8/20/2013 4:24:54 AM
KURRUPTOR posted...

Even if you aren't into modding you'd be surprised how much bloatware you'll install on your PC over a year. I'm always flabbergasted at the difference I see in my task manager between 1 month after a reformat (the timeframe I give for installing all the drivers and whatnot that are necessary to properly use a PC) and 12 months after a reformat. Seriously, you'd probably be surprised as well.

Just take a second and open your task manager and tell me how many running processes you actually recognize and know wtf they are doing.

This. Although I haven't in like two years, maybe the time is nigh.
#34SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/20/2013 6:41:16 AM
I do it whenever I seem to have a virus that I can't fix.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#35MarceloSampaioPosted 8/20/2013 7:11:48 AM
strongo9 posted...
I'm smart with my computer. I don't need to.

Seconded.

Unless there's a hardware failure. Still, its been years since this happened for the last time. In fact, the only thing that usually breaks for me are my video card and my RAM chip, two things that can be replaced without the need to reformat.
---
:3
If you accept Gaben as your true lard and savior, put this on your sig. :)
#36electroflamePosted 8/20/2013 9:02:51 AM
Orestes417 posted...

---
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame
#37XjphPosted 8/20/2013 9:05:17 AM
Orestes417 posted...

---
"Much as a spiders web, it began with a single thread." - Cilym
My Library - http://xjph.net/images/Library.jpg