This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's talk about a modern gaming trope I haven't seen mentioned here...

#11jake-sfPosted 8/19/2013 6:05:18 PM
cody4783 posted...

I'm surprised you managed to die that many times before the sun came out. When I did Hard Mode, with a couple friends you only got a few deaths before the time was coming around for the sun to rise and the boss despawn. Wasn't impossibly hard to Zerg it, but there was a lingering, unavoidable (Without cheating server commands) time crunch.

I don't remember, its been a while, I actually thought they didn't despawn at daylight. Regardless, the big problem is the bosses followed us home and just kept killing us again and again. It was easy to just give him a few hits of something powerful enough every respawn and with 3 players it went down quicker than the night, I guess.

Even if the time limit is there, its way not enough for it to be challenging.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#12BogePosted 8/19/2013 6:07:17 PM
Why bother spending the time to reload your game to try again when you can just respawn and try again? It's really not any different other than it's faster.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#13stmstrPosted 8/19/2013 6:12:08 PM
Diablo 2 shamelessly let you town portal as much as you'd like during any part of the game. It's still regarded as a landmark in gaming history.

You might argue that it's archaic, but I think it's a legitimate design choice.

There is absolutely nothing holding you back from refusing to use this, aside from your own flaws and weaknesses as a gamer. You want a challenge? Then don't wait for someone to hand you one. Make one yourself.
#14KeeperofthedarkPosted 8/19/2013 6:13:32 PM
Boge posted...
Why bother spending the time to reload your game to try again when you can just respawn and try again? It's really not any different other than it's faster.

This guy does have a point. Reloading, in certain games, can act very much the same as respawning.
#15MagnemightPosted 8/19/2013 6:16:31 PM(edited)
jake-sf posted...
cody4783 posted...

I'm surprised you managed to die that many times before the sun came out. When I did Hard Mode, with a couple friends you only got a few deaths before the time was coming around for the sun to rise and the boss despawn. Wasn't impossibly hard to Zerg it, but there was a lingering, unavoidable (Without cheating server commands) time crunch.

I don't remember, its been a while, I actually thought they didn't despawn at daylight. Regardless, the big problem is the bosses followed us home and just kept killing us again and again. It was easy to just give him a few hits of something powerful enough every respawn and with 3 players it went down quicker than the night, I guess.

Even if the time limit is there, its way not enough for it to be challenging.

The boss flees when all players are dead, IIRC. As long as all of you aren't dead simultaneously, the boss will stay there. If you want to have a challenge, try fighting the bosses on single player, or simply don't respawn after dying.

bloody hell, just trying to kill The Destroyer was practically impossible. He was actually in the process of escaping when I managed to finish him off; I had to dig around to get to the Souls.

And on another note, Skyrim's been insanely-popular, and not only is there little skill involved in the gameplay, but you can save at literally any time with no penalty whatsoever.
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against a Shy Guy onslaught!
Download the demo (offsite topic): http://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14596
#16NingishzidaPosted 8/19/2013 6:19:17 PM
you should have to cough up real money to the devs when you die, just like it used to be in coinops.
#17KeeperofthedarkPosted 8/19/2013 6:20:19 PM
Ningishzida posted...
you should have to cough up real money to the devs when you die, just like it used to be in coinops.

And that's micro transaction DLC came full circle. Haha
#18DaedalusExPosted 8/19/2013 6:22:03 PM
stmstr posted...
There is absolutely nothing holding you back from refusing to use this, aside from your own flaws and weaknesses as a gamer. You want a challenge? Then don't wait for someone to hand you one. Make one yourself.

Here it is again, that moronic argument that seems to find its way into every topic pertaining to game difficulty.
#19Knight2520Posted 8/19/2013 9:19:35 PM
you can save at literally any time with no penalty whatsoever.

Welcome to PC gaming.
---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
#20ThunderPotatoPosted 8/19/2013 9:44:01 PM
I find it odd people need the game to say Game Over when they die to consider it hard.
---
http://jgpgaming.tumblr.com/