This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Laptop's screen broke. Replacements?

#1Damien 5000Posted 8/19/2013 6:32:29 PM
My budget is around 450-500. Honestly, the less, the better. I intend to use the laptop only for school work and the occasional League of Legends game between classes. So if a budget of even 300 is possible, I'd like that, too.

It's a bummer this happened RIGHT as the semester starts. On the bright side, I'm hoping you guys can help me find something that's got some kind of back to school sale on it.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#2Lonestar2000Posted 8/19/2013 6:35:01 PM
Could always replace the screen for a couple hundred dollars.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#3Damien 5000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 6:36:53 PM
Lonestar2000 posted...
Could always replace the screen for a couple hundred dollars.

I considered it, but there's a part of me that says this is a wake up call. The laptop was a few years old and was getting finnicky. It's under my list of options, but at this rate, I think I'd rather just spend a few hundred more and get a replacement.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#4PhilOnDezPosted 8/19/2013 6:52:44 PM
Are you looking for a replacement pc? You could buy a tv/monitor for $150 or so and just hook it to your laptop if it has a video out of some kind. I'd also look up a disassembly guide for your pc and figure out how to remove the frame/lcd.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#5Damien 5000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 7:04:06 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
Are you looking for a replacement pc? You could buy a tv/monitor for $150 or so and just hook it to your laptop if it has a video out of some kind. I'd also look up a disassembly guide for your pc and figure out how to remove the frame/lcd.

I know I could get a monitor, but then I'd be carrying around a monitor with me at school and I really don't want to do that.

This laptop is old. It sucks that the screen broke, and that now I need to do something about it, but the laptop was made in 2008, and it was a cheapo THEN. I know there are options for repair, but it's not exactly something I want to do. I'd rather just buy a NEW cheapo. The problem is I'm not really tech savvy with laptops. I usually just build my own PCs after setting some kind of a budget, but laptops are so damned expensive. For nothing. You can spend like, 600 and get a laptop that's be as strong as a desktop you spend 400 on.(Ish.)

Point is. I'm aware there are more options, and I have them tabbed in my brain as something I can do. But I still need help with maybe a small list of links to cheap laptops with a video card capable of play League, because I like the idea of having a game of League between classes.(There are some classes I have this semester where I have an hour and a half to kill between each other. Seems perfect for League)
---
-UnitOmega010
#6Damien 5000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 7:45:45 PM
Bump?
---
-UnitOmega010
#7LaMichael_JamesPosted 8/19/2013 9:22:57 PM
if you're looking for another basic laptop, just check out any weekly deal on fry's, best buy, etc and buy it

any of these are good
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?bop=And&Submit=DailyDeals&N=40000032

even cheaper
https://deals.bestbuy.com//computers+amp+tablets5/product/1599841/hp++156quot+laptop++4gb+memory++500gb+hard+drive++black+licorice

i3 + intel hd 4000 should be good enough for league of legends
---
GOAT
#8someflamablekidPosted 8/19/2013 9:59:07 PM
Friend got one from here.

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Dell/INSPIRON~N4010/

Was pretty cheap. And if you make a video tutorial how to do it they will refund you some money back I hear. Her laptop's screen was very easy to fix. Take off a few screws, unplug one wire. Boom new screen. Her's was a dell.