This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GFWL service will End on 06/2014

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GFWL service will End on 06/2014
3 years ago#21
Tomorrow the PC Marketplace closes and we can't even buy any new GFWL digital stuff. Any GFWL exclusive digital games and DLC I should buy now before it closes?

Also, Bioshock 2 requires online activation to install, so I guess that game is gone next year.
The new Universal Wars demo is available now!
http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?t=5169
3 years ago#22
j_coat posted...
Tomorrow the PC Marketplace closes and we can't even buy any new GFWL digital stuff. Any GFWL exclusive digital games and DLC I should buy now before it closes?

Also, Bioshock 2 requires online activation to install, so I guess that game is gone next year.

It's already being transitioned over to Steam.
Currently playing: Marvel Heroes, Avengers Alliance, Warframe.
3 years ago#23
I haven't finished Fable 3 yet, should I hurry up or lose my game? (or my saves)?

Also, those flatout games all use GFWL, same question?
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
3 years ago#24
Shpoople posted...
What does this mean for games that use GFWL that are bought after it's shutdown?

I'm guessing it means every torrent site will suddenly have a lot of seeders for GFWL game cracks.

And microsoft will use it as proof that PC gaming has too much piracy to be worth the investment.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
3 years ago#25
Pretty great news for the future, however a shame for any games that don't get patched for removal of the service.
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Borderlands 2, Half-Life 1
3DS FC: 0989-2237-3314
3 years ago#26
still waiting for an official confirmation from MS that this is happening across the board.
Meanwhile, I have a bunch of damn GFWL games that I need to try to finish.
--
#NoGoodExclusives
3 years ago#27
At first I thought it was just the marketplace. So they're actually taking down the login service with achievements/friends and such as well?
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire
steamcommunity.com/id/nepenthes / twitter.com/epolsen
3 years ago#28
That sucks, I actually enjoy it because I can still interact with people on my 360's friends list. Steam is a great digital service but I don't like the way their community stuff is setup.
3 years ago#29
Another win for the master race.
Houston Texans: 12-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
3 years ago#30
Tucker_BA posted...
Another win for the master race.

how do us in the Master Race continue to enjoy Dark Souls after GFWL goes down?
--
#NoGoodExclusives
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GFWL service will End on 06/2014

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived