This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GFWL service will End on 06/2014

#21j_coatPosted 8/21/2013 8:01:44 PM(edited)
Tomorrow the PC Marketplace closes and we can't even buy any new GFWL digital stuff. Any GFWL exclusive digital games and DLC I should buy now before it closes?

Also, Bioshock 2 requires online activation to install, so I guess that game is gone next year.
---
The new Universal Wars demo is available now!
http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?t=5169
#2260fpsPosted 8/21/2013 8:15:28 PM
j_coat posted...
Tomorrow the PC Marketplace closes and we can't even buy any new GFWL digital stuff. Any GFWL exclusive digital games and DLC I should buy now before it closes?

Also, Bioshock 2 requires online activation to install, so I guess that game is gone next year.

It's already being transitioned over to Steam.
---
Currently playing: Marvel Heroes, Avengers Alliance, Warframe.
#23SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2013 8:38:33 PM
I haven't finished Fable 3 yet, should I hurry up or lose my game? (or my saves)?

Also, those flatout games all use GFWL, same question?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#24SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2013 8:40:05 PM
Shpoople posted...
What does this mean for games that use GFWL that are bought after it's shutdown?

I'm guessing it means every torrent site will suddenly have a lot of seeders for GFWL game cracks.

And microsoft will use it as proof that PC gaming has too much piracy to be worth the investment.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#25CoolFangsPosted 8/21/2013 8:41:41 PM
Pretty great news for the future, however a shame for any games that don't get patched for removal of the service.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Borderlands 2, Half-Life 1
3DS FC: 0989-2237-3314
#26X_Masquerade_XPosted 8/23/2013 2:21:28 PM
still waiting for an official confirmation from MS that this is happening across the board.
Meanwhile, I have a bunch of damn GFWL games that I need to try to finish.
---
--
#NoGoodExclusives
#27OmniNakagoPosted 8/23/2013 3:00:18 PM
At first I thought it was just the marketplace. So they're actually taking down the login service with achievements/friends and such as well?
---
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire
steamcommunity.com/id/nepenthes / twitter.com/epolsen
#28TheWayOfTheGunPosted 8/23/2013 3:28:03 PM
That sucks, I actually enjoy it because I can still interact with people on my 360's friends list. Steam is a great digital service but I don't like the way their community stuff is setup.
#29Tucker_BAPosted 8/23/2013 3:36:53 PM
Another win for the master race.
---
Houston Texans: 12-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
#30X_Masquerade_XPosted 8/26/2013 9:57:46 AM
Tucker_BA posted...
Another win for the master race.

how do us in the Master Race continue to enjoy Dark Souls after GFWL goes down?
---
--
#NoGoodExclusives