This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Origin to allow refunds on EA games...

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/19/2013 7:00:19 PM(edited)
Woah. Gonna enjoy seeing what all the EA haters want to say about this. I'm sure there's still something in here that goes against the consumer, right?

[EDIT] Whoops. The title should read "EA-Published games."

http://kotaku.com/origin-now-lets-you-return-ea-game-downloads-for-full-r-1169643732

"Full game digital downloads (PC/Mac) published by “Electronic Arts” (collectively Electronic Arts Inc. if you reside in the United States, Canada or Japan and EA Swiss Sarl if you reside in any other country) and purchased on the Origin Store (Origin.com and purchases within the Origin gaming application) may be eligible for a refund if we receive your request within the earlier of: (i) seven (7) days from the date of purchase, (ii) seven (7) days from the game’s release date if you pre-ordered/pre-purchased or (iii) twenty-four (24) hours after the first time the game is launched or run. For full game digital downloads that are part of a bundle, the twenty-four (24) hour time period begins as soon as one game within the bundle is launched. Once a refund is issued, you will no longer have access to the game. To request a refund, visit your Order History and select the “Request a Refund” link next to any eligible product. Complete and submit the Refund Request Form. You will get a response within forty-eight (48) hours after your request is submitted and your refund within seven (7) to ten (10) days if you meet the Great Game Guarantee refund requirements.

If you request a refund for a product that is part of a bundle or a product that comes with bonus content, your refund under this policy may include the entire bundle of products/content, and your access to all included products/content will be revoked. Please note that dual platform products (such as one product that, when purchased, is playable on both PC and Mac platforms) will be treated as bundled content. Before you submit your refund request for bundled products/content, you will be able to see an itemized list of content that must be canceled/refunded together. You may then complete the refund request and cancel all the associated content or you may withdraw your request. "
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil // ACNL
#2DeanWhipperPosted 8/19/2013 6:59:42 PM
Sounds good, I can buy, beat, then return a game.

Maybe 6 hour long games ARE a good thing after all?
---
Is this even legal? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fxhiq93TTg
#3GarudinPosted 8/19/2013 7:01:40 PM
This is certainly a nice bonus but outside of BF4 which I'm almost certain I won't be asking a refund for I'll probably never use this, there are just too many other places to get their games for cheaper

There are still plenty of reasons to dislike Origin but this is a very nice change to see from EA though I really think they should have applied this to their entire store not just EA published games
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea GT: Garudin
#4YoungAdultLinkPosted 8/19/2013 7:06:08 PM
DeanWhipper posted...
Sounds good, I can buy, beat, then return a game.

Maybe 6 hour long games ARE a good thing after all?

Gamestop got rather angry at my mother and I when I was 14 and returned 4 PS1 games in as many weeks after beating them in two or three sittings.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#5xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 7:06:57 PM
Garudin posted...
This is certainly a nice bonus but outside of BF4 which I'm almost certain I won't be asking a refund for I'll probably never use this, there are just too many other places to get their games for cheaper

There are still plenty of reasons to dislike Origin but this is a very nice change to see from EA though I really think they should have applied this to their entire store not just EA published games

I think it's likely that they will unless this new policy proves too easily abused and they change it for some reason. I can see that happening unfortunately so I'm thinking they'll get to it once the kinks are rolled out.

Then again this could prove to be a complete clusterf*** and they cancel the policy within a month. Who knows... lol
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil // ACNL
#6jake-sfPosted 8/19/2013 7:08:44 PM
may

MAY

be eligible.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#7DerPancakePosted 8/19/2013 8:15:54 PM
People will abuse of this, EA will change or remove it, then everyone will cry EA is an abuser, greedy company.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#8The_Mighty_QuinPosted 8/19/2013 8:22:27 PM
DerPancake posted...
People will abuse of this, EA will change or remove it, then everyone will cry EA is an abuser, greedy company.

Incoming eBay listings "200 bundle BF3 keys!!! (Refundable)"
#9xanthan1Posted 8/19/2013 8:25:44 PM(edited)
Chances are they say "may" just so they have an out to tell you no if you try and abuse it. Like, if you buy a game, beat it in 2 days, then get a refund on it, then keep doing it they just flag you to not get them anymore for abusing the system.
#10mudkip72Posted 8/19/2013 8:47:12 PM
Hmm. They'll probably have some check in place to prevent a person from having multiple refunds in a row, but it still means you'll succeed in doing it at least once.