This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Origin to allow refunds on EA games...

#11boochyPosted 8/19/2013 10:13:26 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Chances are they say "may" just so they have an out to tell you no if you try and abuse it. Like, if you buy a game, beat it in 2 days, then get a refund on it, then keep doing it they just flag you to not get them anymore for abusing the system.

You can't return it after 24 hours of the game being started for the first time.
---
Xbox Live GT/PSN ID - Duck Tales LOL/DuckTalesLOL
Steam ID: DuckTalesLOL
#12ConkerPosted 8/20/2013 3:16:10 AM
From a business standpoint, I don't get why they would make it 24hrs. Just sets themselves up for abuse. Not that I'm complaining, it just surprises me they didn't do something like 2 hours, or maybe 12hrs at the most.

We all know nobody needs 24hrs to get a refund unless they're just trying to beat the game and get their money back. Even 6hrs would be enough to try it and decide to return.

On a side note: It's really frustrating that Google only allows 15mins on the Play Store now...1-2hrs would be reasonable (rather than their old policy that was like 2 days or something).

I recently got a $2.99 game, downloaded it and started playing for 10mins, went to refund as it wasn't even worth the few bucks, and it was past the time. Wish they'd extend it to at least an hour as you don't always immediately go, "Oh yeah, need to watch that clock for a refund!"
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#13Benjamin_ButtonPosted 8/20/2013 3:48:24 AM
STEAM = FINISHED
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD
#14MarceloSampaioPosted 8/20/2013 6:17:25 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...
STEAM = FINISHED

HAHAHAHahahhahahahahAhAHHAhAha...

HAhahahahhahaha..

I... can't... stop... laughing...

HAHAhahahahaHAha...
---
:3
If you accept Gaben as your true lard and savior, put this on your sig. :)
#15Bikes-Posted 8/20/2013 6:35:08 AM
Conker posted...
From a business standpoint, I don't get why they would make it 24hrs. Just sets themselves up for abuse. Not that I'm complaining, it just surprises me they didn't do something like 2 hours, or maybe 12hrs at the most.

We all know nobody needs 24hrs to get a refund unless they're just trying to beat the game and get their money back. Even 6hrs would be enough to try it and decide to return.

On a side note: It's really frustrating that Google only allows 15mins on the Play Store now...1-2hrs would be reasonable (rather than their old policy that was like 2 days or something).

I recently got a $2.99 game, downloaded it and started playing for 10mins, went to refund as it wasn't even worth the few bucks, and it was past the time. Wish they'd extend it to at least an hour as you don't always immediately go, "Oh yeah, need to watch that clock for a refund!"

Do keep in mind that a lot of Ea's games are fairly big and take some people several hours just to install.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#16ConkerPosted 8/20/2013 6:40:45 AM
Bikes- posted...
Conker posted...

Do keep in mind that a lot of Ea's games are fairly big and take some people several hours just to install.

Someone else posted it's after you start the game for the first time. Not sure if true, though that would make the most sense.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#17ShadowGomamonPosted 8/20/2013 7:14:32 AM
DeanWhipper posted...
Sounds good, I can buy, beat, then return a game.

Maybe 6 hour long games ARE a good thing after all?

I thought the same. It's like a free trial, where you have the full game. >_>
#18Ch3wyPosted 8/20/2013 7:20:30 AM
I'm guessing you have to give a reason for refund, like the game not working on your computer or something.

No way in hell it will be a no questions asked style return system.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#19Mystical_NEETPosted 8/20/2013 8:12:39 AM
Ch3wy posted...
I'm guessing you have to give a reason for refund, like the game not working on your computer or something.

No way in hell it will be a no questions asked style return system.

Except that isn't much better. How can they verify the game is broken on your machine, or that you experienced some random glitch?

Also, I think the easiest way to prevent abuse is to restrict you from buying the same game multiple times a week/month/etc... sure there are people who can sit around and beat an entire game in a day (I did it for MW3), but I doubt it'll be frequent enough to be a huge issue.
#20betatechPosted 8/20/2013 8:21:55 AM
Conker posted...
Someone else posted it's after you start the game for the first time. Not sure if true, though that would make the most sense.

I believe it's 7 days after purchase or 24 hours after first running it.
---
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.