This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Origin to allow refunds on EA games...

#21ihumpmypillow89Posted 8/20/2013 8:26:49 AM
Conker posted...
On a side note: It's really frustrating that Google only allows 15mins on the Play Store now...1-2hrs would be reasonable (rather than their old policy that was like 2 days or something).

It used to be 24 hours but they dropped that down after it was abused quite heavily and with GP it's 15 minutes after install so some games (like EA's Dead Space) that require additional files to be installed after first launch really f*** with that 15 minute thing. Now with that being said if you email the developer they will sometimes issue a refund after the 15 minute mark.
---
http://goo.gl/pIFDj | http://goo.gl/16aDr
This is what happens when a 5 year old writes a comic - http://goo.gl/zRaAS
#22Ch3wyPosted 8/20/2013 8:27:37 AM
Mystical_NEET posted...
Ch3wy posted...
I'm guessing you have to give a reason for refund, like the game not working on your computer or something.

No way in hell it will be a no questions asked style return system.

Except that isn't much better. How can they verify the game is broken on your machine, or that you experienced some random glitch?

Also, I think the easiest way to prevent abuse is to restrict you from buying the same game multiple times a week/month/etc... sure there are people who can sit around and beat an entire game in a day (I did it for MW3), but I doubt it'll be frequent enough to be a huge issue.

If they have 6 hours of gameplay logged, the game obviously wasn't just broken.

Sure you could lie about a game breaking glitch(unless they request video evidence), but once you start to have a history of that you'll probably get blacklisted from returns.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#23xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 4:06:44 PM
betatech posted...
Conker posted...
Someone else posted it's after you start the game for the first time. Not sure if true, though that would make the most sense.

I believe it's 7 days after purchase or 24 hours after first running it.

All the details are in the first post guys...

"(iii) twenty-four (24) hours after the first time the game is launched or run"
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil // ACNL
#24Treason686Posted 8/20/2013 6:41:07 PM
Mystical_NEET posted...
Ch3wy posted...
I'm guessing you have to give a reason for refund, like the game not working on your computer or something.

No way in hell it will be a no questions asked style return system.

Except that isn't much better. How can they verify the game is broken on your machine, or that you experienced some random glitch?

Also, I think the easiest way to prevent abuse is to restrict you from buying the same game multiple times a week/month/etc... sure there are people who can sit around and beat an entire game in a day (I did it for MW3), but I doubt it'll be frequent enough to be a huge issue.

Easily. Error logs report crashes.

It's not like Valve could really do anything with something like this anyway. They don't publish many games.
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h