This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to upgrade a laptop network card

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it possible to upgrade a laptop network card

User Info: aleksazen

aleksazen
3 years ago#1
I have a sager, not really sure which one to be honest and like the topic says I'm wondering if It is possible to change my network card. My current one doesnt go over 2 MB download speed and my network supports 8+. Obviously 2 isnt bad but im willing to throw some money at it if its not too difficult to swap them out.
i7-2720QM | 8 GB | 6990m

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
3 years ago#2
First you want to check if your current WiFi card uses mini pcie. If so, you can pick anyone you want.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q

aleksazen
3 years ago#3
im currently using the killer wireless-n 1103
i7-2720QM | 8 GB | 6990m

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
3 years ago#4
That card uses mini pcie so find a card you like that uses mini pcie.
Are you sure its the card that's giving you problems?
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q

aleksazen
3 years ago#5
nope im just dumb, The company released a completely new set of drivers apparently so their old wireless manager software stopped updating, just did an update and its 3 times as efficient
i7-2720QM | 8 GB | 6990m
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it possible to upgrade a laptop network card

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived