This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any games you've tried and tried and tried to play, but just couldn't get into?

#11claytonbuckleyPosted 8/20/2013 5:42:25 AM
Deus Ex. i should of played it when it was new. I just can't past how stupid it looks now.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
#12Ch3wyPosted 8/20/2013 6:08:26 AM
Jedi Outcast.

I played until an hour or so after you got the lightsaber and then gave up on it, just wasn't fun for me.

It must not have aged well.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#13Spidey555Posted 8/20/2013 6:12:59 AM
Dark Souls, tried multiple times because of high praise and I guess it just isn't for me
---
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555
#14AlavardPosted 8/20/2013 6:20:24 AM
Metal Gear Solid (any of them). I'm terrible with the controls and am pretty bad at stealth games in general.
#15SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/20/2013 6:29:01 AM
Planescape: Torment and many MOBAs.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#16Madridiq8ePosted 8/20/2013 6:41:55 AM
Castlevania lords of shadow, I played all the castlevania games since 1997 and loved them all, except this one i tried and tried and tried to like it i just can't, it's the worst castlevania game ever.

The Witcher series, for some reason I just couldn't get into it, it looks nice and fun but i just didn't enjoy it.

Uncharted series, i know the game is amazing but i just can't get into it for some reason, it's not for me
#17MagnemightPosted 8/20/2013 7:23:11 AM
Every Bethesda game ever after playing through Skyrim.

it was good with Skyrim because it was new to me then

but then playing through Oblivion/Morrowind/Fallout 3 just feels like a repetitive slog with terrible, terrible gameplay
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against a Shy Guy onslaught!
Download the demo (offsite topic): http://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14596
#18AnimorganimatePosted 8/20/2013 7:36:20 AM
The Witcher. I've owned it since launch, and have tried at least 10 times to get into the game, but I can never get past chapter 2. It's too bad, too, because it seems like a game I would like. And I don't even mind the combat, or the story, or the characters . . . but something about it compels me to stop playing and move on to a different game.

What bugs me the most is that I got The Witcher 2 on sale, and I want to try it, but I feel guilty playing it without finishing the first one, so I haven't even started it up yet.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#19SzymaaPosted 8/20/2013 7:36:49 AM
Most Recently - Deus Ex: HR

I can't even remember the last time I heard voice acting as terrible as that game has....
---
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves
#20Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 10:53:38 AM
Spidey555 posted...
Dark Souls, tried multiple times because of high praise and I guess it just isn't for me

My brothers and a friend just can't seem to get into this one either. It's sad because this has been my go to game for a few months now. I think it's because most feel it's a button masher and when they try that, they get killed and frustrated.

I think my problem with many games is that they go on for too long. If I've just scratched the surface of a game 15 hours in, that game is way too long for my feeble patience. I usually can't handle games longer than that anyway.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.