This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any games you've tried and tried and tried to play, but just couldn't get into?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any games you've tried and tried and tried to play, but just couldn't get into?
2 years ago#21
Dark Souls for me too. It's not a bad game by any means, but the whole "being extremely careful" or you'll have to do it all again is just tedious. It makes sense that you pay for your mistakes, but imagine that game with checkpoints lol. I love the atmospheric look of the game, not so much the physics tho.
2 years ago#22
Boge posted...
Spidey555 posted...
Dark Souls, tried multiple times because of high praise and I guess it just isn't for me

My brothers and a friend just can't seem to get into this one either. It's sad because this has been my go to game for a few months now. I think it's because most feel it's a button masher and when they try that, they get killed and frustrated.

I think my problem with many games is that they go on for too long. If I've just scratched the surface of a game 15 hours in, that game is way too long for my feeble patience. I usually can't handle games longer than that anyway.

my hypothesis is that people interpret the negative reenforcement in Dark Souls and Demon's Souls differently

some people aren't motivated by negative reenforcement at all and become demotivated, while others churn into a frenzy of motivation, thus perhaps the large polarity between how players feel about the game
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
2 years ago#23
Far Cry. I made a few attempts at it, spread over a number of years and PC configurations. I always lost interest part way through, and I've given up on it for good now.
2 years ago#24
Skyrim
Fallout
Dragon Age
Mass Effect.

I've tried over and over to play each of these, and I just can't stand them. So boring.
---
PSN/XBL gothicasuwung.
3770// GTX 670 + GTX 460 PHYSX// 12GB RAM// BlackWidow Ultimate Mech Keyboard// Razer Mamba mouse
2 years ago#25
Crysis 1,2 and 3. Even though I love my FPS(cs and BF) I just can't sit down more than 10 minutes playing the game! Even the multiplayer doesn't get me like how it does with CS and BF. The game is stunning to look at but for me it just wasn't a big hit.
2 years ago#26
Madridiq8e posted...
Castlevania lords of shadow, I played all the castlevania games since 1997 and loved them all, except this one i tried and tried and tried to like it i just can't, it's the worst castlevania game ever.

Comparing it to the incredible long list of rip off sequels (the same bad guys, the same weapons, the exact same feminine characters) and those god awful games on the N64, this is not anywhere near Castlevania's worst.
2 years ago#27
Gears/God of War
---
Steam/origin/PSN/Wiiu- theimmortalmoo | i7 3770k 4.4ghz | GTX 780 | 16GB Gskill | 1200w PSU | 3 HDD 1 SSD 256 | Maximus V Formula |
2 years ago#28
To The Moon
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
2 years ago#29
I've never been able to get into GTA 4, Dragon Age Origins, Disgaea (well, I do ok to a point but I lose interest in it really fast), Batman Arkham Asylum... I had a very hard time staying interested in Alan Wake...and all of the Elder Scrolls games are infinitely more fun when I ignore the main story/quest and just do whatever I want... but I've spent a couple hundred hours on each one... just almost none of that time on the main story except where necessary.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5PgL.gif
2 years ago#30
Definitely The Witcher. Chapter 2 brutally murdered any ambition I had to want to finish the game, even if it does get better.

That's really the only thing I can think of recently. I've enjoyed (at least to an extent) every other game that I've tried or finished.

arleas posted...
and all of the Elder Scrolls games are infinitely more fun when I ignore the main story/quest and just do whatever I want... but I've spent a couple hundred hours on each one... just almost none of that time on the main story except where necessary.

I've got at least 200-300 hours in Oblivion and never managed to make it past the second Oblivion gate. I have one character that has over 80 hours and never made it to the chapel. Maybe one of these days....
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any games you've tried and tried and tried to play, but just couldn't get into?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived