This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any games you've tried and tried and tried to play, but just couldn't get into?

#31pothocketPosted 8/22/2013 6:54:02 AM
If you're putting hundreds of hours into Oblivion/Skyrim, I'd say you're into it. Whether or not you're doing the main quest doesn't matter. Bethesda designed them with that in mind, that the player might completely ignore the main quest.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#32jddaman2Posted 8/22/2013 7:04:18 AM(edited)
Braid, LIMBO, Gone Home, To The Moon & Dear Esther. I have no clue what these games are trying to appeal to, Braid is the only one that slightly resembles a video game. I wish this 2deep4u art phase would stop wrapping the video game industry by the neck.
---
Brofistus Maximus
#33r0ge00Posted 8/22/2013 7:10:26 AM
pothocket posted...
If you're putting hundreds of hours into Oblivion/Skyrim, I'd say you're into it. Whether or not you're doing the main quest doesn't matter. Bethesda designed them with that in mind, that the player might completely ignore the main quest.

I don't think anyone said that they weren't into it. The poster before me was adding it more as an aside to the question. I was building off that. I very much enjoyed Oblivion.
#34pothocketPosted 8/22/2013 7:10:57 AM
jddaman2 posted...
Braid, LIMBO, Gone Home, To The Moon & Dear Esther. I have no clue what these games are trying to appeal to, Braid is the only one that slightly resembles a video game. I wish this 2deep4u art phase would stop wrapping the video game industry by the neck.

Braid and Limbo belong in the same list as Portal, they're actual games rather than boring narrative experiences. Braid was a bit too pretentious though. I never even bothered reading all those books, just focused on the gameplay.
---
#35arleasPosted 8/22/2013 7:16:56 AM
Braid gets boring fast, Limbo didn't get boring... it started out boring. To the Moon is only 4 hours long at most so it's not that hard to complete, but I guess if you don't like the story, then you're not going to want to spend 4 hours on it.

Also: all I was saying about The Elder Scrolls games is that I can't get into the main story... if it wasn't for the fact that you can do whatever you like I'd have failed to get into those games just as much as the OTHER games...I put up with the main quest only as much as necessary to get to a point where I can explore and have fun at my own pace. Some of these other games don't have that option (or you have to slog through a lot of crap to get to that point).
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5PgL.gif
#36pothocketPosted 8/22/2013 7:19:20 AM
To each their own, I was just pointing out that Braid and Limbo cannot be put into the same group of non-games like Dear Esther and To The Moon.
---
#37OmegaReaper21Posted 8/22/2013 7:31:43 AM
someguyshand posted...
MMORPGs in general for me.

This is actually the best answer for me. I want to say I love MMOs, but I've never been able to play one to anywhere near "endgame;" I just get bored real quick.

And GTA IV
#38sirtonnePosted 8/22/2013 8:07:45 AM
CRPGs. Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Planescape Torment, Arcanum, etc.

I've tried all the big ones and I like them for maybe 5-10hrs (a few play sessions) then they just get so boring. Clicking and reading and clicking and reading and clicking and reading... it's like reading a book in slow motion, only the story and writing would be better if I just read an actual book.
#39Mechwarrior 02Posted 8/22/2013 8:13:47 AM
Bioshock when I played it 3 years ago.

And yet, I loved Infinite to death.
---
PSN: Arcjo
Stomping goombas, kicking turtle shells, and eating mushrooms since 1984
#40sonicteam2k1Posted 8/22/2013 8:17:48 AM
Bastion. Even bought it 3 times. Just couldn't get in to it.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own