This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pay to test/feedback games?

#1CGoblinsPosted 8/20/2013 6:23:19 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/238750/

Might and Magic X is like... what I've been asking for since World of Xeen. It's the epitome of what I wanted in a PC RPG for more than a decade.

But, I'm reluctant to buy an unfinished product... Any bad experiences buying an unfinished product like this?

Thanks!
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82 Nintendo Network ID: RayMartin
Playing: Monster Hunter U and League of Legends
#2MarceloSampaioPosted 8/20/2013 6:35:55 AM(edited)
Well...

If you buy the game now, you'll get a VERY buggy game, incomplete, sometimes even completelly broken. But in time you'll feel that things are improving, and that the "project" you bought is getting even more what you expected it to be.

Now, ask yourself: playing a, incomplete and broken game can ruin the final product for you? If the answer is yes.. Then DON'T buy it. The game isn't ready! The game is NOT EVEN CLOSE to being ready to be released.

In MMX's case, its buggy! AS HELL. Yet, its surprsisingly more playable than Realms of Arkania (wich was released as a full game on Steam...). The effects are still very meh, the graphics have too many issues, the game crashed for me twice in a few minutes, the day-night cycle is toooooo fast, etc. Yet, for me, its nice being part of all this... being able to test it, and post my complaints on the official forums, and see they being addressed.

As you can see, its a matter of opinions. There are risks; you may get bored; you may even get angry... But it may be well worth it in the end.

BTW, I'll just say this: this game is already more playable than Might and Magic 9! ;)

EDIT: I'l, just add one more thing: DON'T buy this just because you are too anxious for a game you've been waiting all this time. This is NOT a game ready to be played yet! Go replay World of Xeen, or try Swords of Xeen, or even try Mandate of Heaven.

---
:3
If you accept Gaben as your true lard and savior, put this on your sig. :)
#3CGoblins(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 6:54:41 AM
Perfect feedback! Thanks!
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82 Nintendo Network ID: RayMartin
Playing: Monster Hunter U and League of Legends