This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sims 4?

#1thefabregas22Posted 8/20/2013 6:29:40 AM
So what's the general consensus?

I wasn't sure but than I realised it looked like sims 2 so I'm happy (sims 3 sorta sucked)
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: Admiral Classy
#2thefabregas22(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 6:43:52 AM
bumo
---
#3SmakkyofacePosted 8/20/2013 6:48:45 AM
if it's more streamlined than sims 3, I'm all for it. Sims 3 was kind of a mess and takes me out of the illusion much more than sims 2.

for example, instead of parking in the garage and getting out of the car, your sim just appears in their vehicle... making the garage door completely useless. if cars start pulling up in the driveway again in the sims 4 i'll be happy.. also being able to bathe babies in the sink!
---
Xbox Live / PSN / Steam: Smakkyoface
i7 3770k @ 4.66ghz, 24GB DDR3 1600, Evga Gtx 670 FTW.
#4temgunPosted 8/20/2013 6:50:15 AM
I got all the expansions for both Sims 2 and 3 and looks like they are going to release a hollow game again and release the same DLC again. Not this time for me, I'm done with the series.
#5thefabregas22(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 6:52:18 AM
Smakkyoface posted...
if it's more streamlined than sims 3, I'm all for it. Sims 3 was kind of a mess and takes me out of the illusion much more than sims 2.

for example, instead of parking in the garage and getting out of the car, your sim just appears in their vehicle... making the garage door completely useless. if cars start pulling up in the driveway again in the sims 4 i'll be happy.. also being able to bathe babies in the sink!

The sims 2 had some awesome animation for cars I think
---
#6SmakkyofacePosted 8/20/2013 7:06:24 AM
thefabregas22 posted...
Smakkyoface posted...

The sims 2 had some awesome animation for cars I think

Yes it did. Way more immersive than sims 3. dont even get me started or rabbit holes.

What I hope they do with sims 4 is to treat rabbit holes as a complete pre made level of mini games. U can load into rabbit holes and play mini work games for ur sims or u can choose to not follow ur sim into it and it will just be like rabbitholes right now.
---
#7happyscrub1Posted 8/20/2013 7:15:26 AM
I have no opinion until I see:

1. The UI to see how needs and relationships are handled
2. How traits are handled.
3. How they did lots (community, residential) and what effects them
4. And any gameplay improvements.

The videos that were released today are only eye candy and don't really show a damn thing about the game except graphics.

And to add: I seriously don't think half you people who talk about the Sims even play the Sims because some of your comments are just silly.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#8SmakkyofacePosted 8/20/2013 7:25:46 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
I have no opinion until I see:

1. The UI to see how needs and relationships are handled
2. How traits are handled.
3. How they did lots (community, residential) and what effects them
4. And any gameplay improvements.

The videos that were released today are only eye candy and don't really show a damn thing about the game except graphics.

And to add: I seriously don't think half you people who talk about the Sims even play the Sims because some of your comments are just silly.

Not like i need to prove anything but I've been simming since livin large. Very active in the sims community since sims 1 bbs, featured content creator on the sims 2 website, and my activity dwindled with sims 3 because of how disjointed and pudding faced it its. Still buy every expansion pack hoping to get into it but it just sucks. The little things snap me out of my immersion and I just cant get lost and play for hours like I used to.
---
#9Freelance_WolfPosted 8/20/2013 7:33:14 AM(edited)
i feel the same way with habbyscrub. The reveal showed nothing of the gameplay or the traits, etc. All we've seen are stuff we've already seen before, other than being able to sculpt your Sim by grabbing them. It looks like I'm in the minority, but Sims 3 trumps the first two games by miles. Everything I was annoyed with in Sims and Sims 2 were abolished/redone in Sims 3. Not having car animations is a silly comment to make, IMO, when the rest of the game is so good.

One thing that would make me get Sims 4 would be IMPROVED PATHFINDING. They never did fix it in all three games (about the only thing I didn't like in Sims 3) so if Sim 4 actually fixes it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It annoys me when Sims take the longest path to eat or greet something when they could've just walked in a straight line to the front door or table >_>

In fact, if Sims 4 fixes pathfinding and has everything else from the Sims 3, traits, lifetime rewards, open world, not needing 10+ friends just to advance in a career, etc, etc, I'd be a very happy customer, even if they don't add new things.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#10FeatherwindPosted 8/20/2013 7:39:11 AM(edited)
They really need to improve the gameplay. The CAS and building modes in The Sims 3 were actually very good imo but the gameplay really sucked.

The game is so unbalanced that there are practically no meaningful rewards or progress. I'm willing to overlook a lot and I'm completely fine if "powergaming" would destroy meaningful progress but right now it's just impossible to play satisfyingly. In Sims 2 you had to manage your sims a bit and perhaps even plan a little even though exploiting/powergaming removed the need for management. In Sims 3 you just grind a bit and take whatever badly implemented rewards you earn. I'd love if Sims 4 made managing the life of your sims a bit more interesting. Sims in The Sims 3 are just so superhuman that playing the actual game isn't interesting anymore.

Also they should probably change the way they do expansions. They just tacked on more stuff and while it sounds cool - "Now you can go to bars and boarding school!" - the game played so badly the content ended up feeling really shallow and pointless. Just a bit of planning ahead would do wonders: atm there are 4 separate and unconnected skills that make drinks which give moodlets. WA content, some Ambitions content and some other things actually required you to play but still felt a bit sloppily implemented.