This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

VPN's inside VM's

#1HappyLizardPosted 8/20/2013 7:53:09 AM
I use a VPN service that allows two connections per account.

When I run two VM's with a VPN client inside each, after 30 odd mins one will disconnect, if I reconnect it both will work fine for like 30 mins/an hour then the other one will disconnect. This pattern just continues. its not always the same amount of time before one of them disconnects.

Any idea what might be causing this?

I have tried altering the settings inside VMplayer to use bridged/NAT etc, tried using both with the same settings and both with different.

Both the VPN clients are connecting to different servers.

I could understand if it just didn't work at all, but thy work fine together for a while, which seems strange. In the VPN error log when the connection drops it says "Disconnecting client, determined unsecure by api"

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.
#2SlaynPosted 8/20/2013 8:19:43 AM
Use the virtual USB bandwidth, then you can quantify the haptic panel!
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#3HappyLizard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 8:29:59 AM
I can find any options like that under the network adapter settings in VMPlayer.
#4ChromaticAngelPosted 8/20/2013 8:33:51 AM
what vpn software are you using? or are you using the built in vpn software of whatever OS you're running in VM Ware?
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#5HappyLizard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 8:38:46 AM
I'm using the PirvatVPN client. I tried just connecting to the VPN by using PPTP also but still suffered the same problem. I have to the use the client as I need the .exe killing feature to stop my real IP being leaked when the connection drops.
#6matu90rkPosted 8/20/2013 8:43:14 AM
Slayn posted...

Bypassing the microchip won't do anything, he needs to calculate the optical SDD sensor!
#7bravo1Posted 8/20/2013 9:01:17 AM
matu90rk posted...
Slayn posted...

Bypassing the microchip won't do anything, he needs to calculate the optical SDD sensor!

Hold up, man. If he reboots the firewall, he can get to the PNG driver through the redundant HDD alarm!
---
3DS FC: 3952-7065-0089
#8SlaynPosted 8/20/2013 11:03:19 AM
This topic went as expected.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#9wildog2006Posted 8/20/2013 12:24:13 PM
bravo1 posted...
matu90rk posted...
Slayn posted...

Hold up, man. If he reboots the firewall, he can get to the PNG driver through the redundant HDD alarm!

No, he needs to input the transmitter. Then he can get to the AI bus through the digital RAM alarm.
---
i7-3770k ~ EVGA GTX670 4GB ~ Intel DZ77GAL-70k ~ 8GB Corsair Vengeance ~ 180GB SSD + 1TB HDD ~ Corsair 850W PSU ~ Silverstone Redline
PSN/360/Steam ~ irysh9
#10wizardmonPosted 8/20/2013 12:27:11 PM
wildog2006 posted...
bravo1 posted...
matu90rk posted...
Slayn posted...

No, he needs to input the transmitter. Then he can get to the AI bus through the digital RAM alarm.

Can the AI bus fit through the bus lane? He needs to use the GDDR5 bus lanes to get to the Digital RAM!
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)