This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elder Scrolls online or FF14, which are you getting?

#21_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/21/2013 7:05:52 AM
Abiz_ posted...
FF14. I don't like Elder Scrolls and Elder Scrolls without mods sounds like something a masochist would play.

I have played every elder scrolls games out there without MODS and do not think I missed out on a whole lot (tried them after). Skyrim has some cool mods, but other than some graphical mods that make things look pretty, and some that make the user interface cleaner and more intuitive, I really have not seen anything that drastically improves the overall experience.

Do not get me wrong, I love MODS, and there are some games for which they are more important than the base game itself. Some of my favorite games are franchises that came from mods (DOTA, Counter Strike). So I do think they are important and worthwhile. Though I think the importance of mods on the overall experience is sometimes a bit overstated for most games.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#22Fade2black001Posted 8/21/2013 7:09:38 AM
SkylineQS posted...
Smakkyoface posted...
ESO. FF14 had its chance, now the engine is old and the gfx look like crap. not to mention same old ffxi gameplay.

This guy's comment makes my ball hurts..... Like seriously I doubt he even played ff14

IKR. He must of played the game on the lowest possible settings and he is saying the game looks like crap. LMAO. This kid sure is funny.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#23USFPosted 8/21/2013 7:11:07 AM
Neither, both look awful.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Starcraft II: HoTS, Company Of Heroes 2, Team Fortress 2.
#24SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2013 7:12:41 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
SkylineQS posted...
Smakkyoface posted...
ESO. FF14 had its chance, now the engine is old and the gfx look like crap. not to mention same old ffxi gameplay.

This guy's comment makes my ball hurts..... Like seriously I doubt he even played ff14

IKR. He must of played the game on the lowest possible settings and he is saying the game looks like crap. LMAO. This kid sure is funny.

Honestly I agree. I tried the benchmark tool on max and wasn't impressed.
Tera actually has slightly better graphics for characters.

From a AAA developer, I expected a bit better, especially after Tomb Raider 2013.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#25InterfusorPosted 8/21/2013 8:05:35 AM
ESO and I'm really only interested in exploring all of Tamriel.
---
I am not economically viable.
#26NotQuiteAFreakPosted 8/21/2013 8:18:49 AM
Immortal_Moo posted...
Neither

---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#27BlackmonPosted 8/21/2013 9:09:04 AM
ESO if it's B2P. Otherwise, none.

Both, if any of them goes F2P.
---
Http://www.Blackmon.com/
#28machetemanPosted 8/21/2013 9:11:54 AM
after playing ffxiv beta p3 the next MMO im looking forward to is ESO. Although because it is P2P, the beta will have to convince me the game is worth it. FFXIV beta did the opposite.
#29ThePonyColliePosted 8/21/2013 9:28:43 AM
Neither. I refuse to support the P2P trend.
---
Lord Erieos is definitely coming...
#30kyler45Posted 8/21/2013 9:43:39 AM
I'm getting Elder Scrolls online when it undoubtedly goes Free to Play in a year.
---
Xbox Live: Kyler45
AC:CF 0605-3418-4438 Name: Kyler Town: Larova