This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here that used to be really into an MMO...

#1noimnoturdaddyPosted 8/20/2013 9:29:10 AM
and now wonders how they ever spent so much time playing one game?

I feel that way about WoW. There will always be four months of my life where that was the only game I played, and I played it a lot during that timeframe.
---
http://postimage.org/image/5h4szslj9/
Man, you are think. - KrazyDago101's attempt to insult me
#2Ha_D00DPosted 8/20/2013 9:32:37 AM
Four months? I played Tibia exclusively for nearly two years. You probably have no idea what that means.
---
HAF 922// i5 3570k// Hyper 212 Evo// P8Z77-V LK// Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Edition// 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws// SeaSonic 620w// Mushkin 120GB
#3wizardmonPosted 8/20/2013 9:34:40 AM(edited)
I played Eve-Online for about six years, then realized that it was a complete waste of time, money, and thought so I stopped playing it.

The last few months of me playing Eve consisted of me station spinning, moving items such as dog tags from one station to the next creating buy and sell orders for billions of isk. I had every marauder battleship with T2 guns and could solo level 5 missions, but missioning was not worth it since I was making multitudes more isk moving amarr general tags from Dodixie to Jita.

It turned into something I logged into once and a while to check orders, change skill training and say hello to people in a pay to chat glorified IRC chat room featuring a great looking 3D background environment.

I am, however, looking forward to http://evevalkyrie.com/
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#4ATARIJAWAPosted 8/20/2013 9:34:19 AM
I played Civ 1 for almost 10 years and that's not even an MMO.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#5Orestes417Posted 8/20/2013 9:34:20 AM
Not at all. I don't regret a second of my time playing WoW. Lot of great fun back when I was actively raiding.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#6Ch3wyPosted 8/20/2013 9:35:45 AM
I played Runescape for some time when I was younger. Had a nice set of armor and everything.

Then suddenly I realized that I'd been clicking on rocks for an hour straight so I stopped.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#7ScroePosted 8/20/2013 9:37:15 AM
I haven't played a game other than Ultima Online in 15 years
---
Don't hinder Jinder
#8Digital StormPosted 8/20/2013 9:38:26 AM
It used to be weekends during vanilla content where we'd raid MC from 7-8pm until 12-2am and then twenty of us would go hit up ZG or AQ20 and finish up the night with a five man. I did that every weekend for months. Now I'm jealous of those times because I can't spend more than an hour playing a game before I have to move onto the next to get some enjoyment out of it.

That said, I'm looking forward to FFXIV curing me of my gamer ADHD.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#9noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 9:38:47 AM
Ha_D00D posted...
Four months? I played Tibia exclusively for nearly two years. You probably have no idea what that means.

I probably bought 14 months worth of subscription to WoW, but the four month period is when I was playing the **** out of it.
---
http://postimage.org/image/5h4szslj9/
Man, you are think. - KrazyDago101's attempt to insult me
#10Maiken100Posted 8/20/2013 9:43:41 AM
I played WoW for a few months. Only raided a few times but it was a big deal and a lot of fun. I was at university at the time and had a lot of free time.