This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here that used to be really into an MMO...

#21o0stoneduk0oPosted 8/20/2013 12:27:40 PM
I had a great time on wow, I feel nostalgic over it. I tried to go back to it but yh, not the same now. I think it was the best game ever and I doubt another game will ever suck me in like that again. I spent near enough a year real time in that game (something like 320 days played cross characters) and you know, I have no regrets whatsoever. Its a shame they ruined it, not sure how its ruined but it just feels like a shell of its former self to me.
---
I don't smoke dope, I don't drink bourbon, all I want to do is shake my turban.
#22Fade2black001Posted 8/20/2013 12:56:47 PM
I Played many MMOs for YEARS including WoW.

Do I ever wonder where the time went? Nope.

Was I ever completely addicted to it that I will shut myself away from society? Nope

Was it like a drug and I couldn't live without it? Nope

Does this help the TC?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#23_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/20/2013 1:22:50 PM
Yeah, I used to do that. I did not really play it exclusively though and do not regret it at all. If anything , it is a shame that I can not get excited about MMO's as much as I did in the past.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#24justdontaskPosted 8/20/2013 1:29:34 PM
used to play Runescape back from 05-08. i have some good memories and it was a great game, but there was just no end to it. i even made it to top 100 on the leaderboards, and i was the luckiest melee fighter out of anyone. i say luck because theres no real skill in that game, but i could do some impressive things with just melee.
---
i rarely return to topics i post in, if you have a problem with my posts, PM me.
#25cuteboi100Posted 8/20/2013 1:30:51 PM
Played Maplestory for the longest time. Waste of money.
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#26noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 1:48:37 PM
Szymaa posted...
GTFO.

Fade2black001 posted...
I Played many MMOs for YEARS including WoW.

Do I ever wonder where the time went? Nope.

Was I ever completely addicted to it that I will shut myself away from society? Nope

Was it like a drug and I couldn't live without it? Nope

Does this help the TC?

Lol'd at both of these.
---
http://postimage.org/image/5h4szslj9/
Man, you are think. - KrazyDago101's attempt to insult me
#27eternalblue02Posted 8/20/2013 2:06:50 PM(edited)
4 Months lol...

Try since WOW's closed beta. I've had maybe 2 patch breaks since it's release but I've been playing since the closed beta almost daily.

I know how you feel though my console gaming has suffered for it.
#28Last Grand MageX2Posted 8/20/2013 2:09:12 PM
I had a level 106 account in runescape back in the 6th grade. That's why I don't play MMO's anymore, I beat the ultimate grindfest, I feel like I've won all MMOs for all eternity.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#29ElDudorinoPosted 8/20/2013 2:11:28 PM
If I didn't waste my time with BBS MUDs, Shadow of Yserbius, Neverwinter Nights (1991 version), Ultima Online, post-BBS MUDs, WoW, etc... it's not like I would have been doing something more productive with my time. So, it's all relative, really. I guess the time was wasted but not anymore than it would have been otherwise.
#30chris121691Posted 8/20/2013 2:11:29 PM
Yeah lol..I've been playing since vanilla. I don't regret it. It was fun as hell back in the day.
Now I keep trying to get back into it. I've been trying since cata, but my friends won't let me give up lol.
It's just not the same as it used to be, or maybe I'm just burned out on it.