This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is my buying first time buying a gaming computer.

#1UberhaxornewbiePosted 8/20/2013 10:35:18 AM
and asking you guys which is a good site to buy from.
The ones I was looking at is Xoticpc and eCollegePC.
#2turbovirginPosted 8/20/2013 10:37:10 AM
Well one sells laptops and one sells desktops, so which are you trying to get?
---
Posted using GameFlux
#3Ch3wyPosted 8/20/2013 10:37:19 AM
ecollegepc is good and probably the most frequently recommended.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#4Uberhaxornewbie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 10:39:58 AM
turbovirgin posted...

Desktops but that's weird because I saw they both have desktops
#5turbovirginPosted 8/20/2013 10:41:18 AM
Uberhaxornewbie posted...
turbovirgin posted...

Desktops but that's weird because I saw they both have desktops

Yeah nvm, xoticpc does sell desktops, I just usually see it recommended when people are talking about laptops. In any case I'd go with ecollegepc.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#6gsf4lyfePosted 8/20/2013 11:07:12 AM
would you be open to building one yourself? it's really not that hard and it will serve you well in the long run.

you will learn a lot about the computer, you will get the best machine possible for your money, and if you want to upgrade it down the line it will be a piece of cake.

I just built my first computer a month ago with no help IRL, just did a bit of online reasearcj,used message boards such as this one etc.
---
FX-6300 @ 4.3ghz | GTX 760 | 970 extreme3 | 8GB DDR3 1600
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#7Uberhaxornewbie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 8:29:58 AM
gsf4lyfe posted...
would you be open to building one yourself? it's really not that hard and it will serve you well in the long run.

you will learn a lot about the computer, you will get the best machine possible for your money, and if you want to upgrade it down the line it will be a piece of cake.

I just built my first computer a month ago with no help IRL, just did a bit of online reasearcj,used message boards such as this one etc.

I might someday but for now I'm good and ecollegepc it is.
#8CptJigglesPosted 8/21/2013 11:52:56 AM
Newegg is where I get all my stuff, they have good prices and free shipping on most stuff.
---
Steam: Cpt. Jiggles, 3DS FC: 5171-9862-3238
#9FishmonglerPosted 8/23/2013 2:44:43 AM
The best way I can think of to piece a computer together is through pcpartpicker.com. You can select all of the parts that you want, get the best prices available to you automatically by the website cycling through other site's offers, ensure that everything is compatible through the filtering of incompatible parts, etc.

A very useful site.

BTW, if you need games to fill that computer, check out https://www.g2a.com/r/jackh for cheap game keys. All keys are legit and at significantly reduced cost. You will see what I mean.
---
i7-3930K | 2x Gigabyte GTX770 4GB SLi | ASRock Extreme9 | Corsair Dominator GT 16GB 2133MHz | Corsair 240GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | CM Storm Stryker | 1300W power