This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats a nice budget gaming video card?

#1Retro_CuddlesPosted 8/20/2013 10:40:55 AM
preferably nvidia.

ive been rocking a 9600 for years now. still handles my stuff and on 2 screens.
---
My IQ is 20 below genius, so im almost genius
R.I.P Paul Bearer
#2ScroePosted 8/20/2013 10:41:50 AM
7850 is the best cheap card
---
Don't hinder Jinder
#3BowsaaPosted 8/20/2013 10:42:29 AM
Depends on your budget. For $200 atm ($220+$20 MIR) you can get a 7950 3 GB, which is a great buy. If you want nVidia, a 760 may do you well, but this also depends on the rest of your computer.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#4Retro_Cuddles(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 10:44:36 AM
oh yeh should point out im in cyprus. anything electronic here is 10 times the price from other countries.

but im kinda torn between a new video card, liquid cooling as cyprus is hot or another 2TB hdd as ive only got 500gb left on my current hdd.
---
R.I.P Paul Bearer
#5r0ge00Posted 8/20/2013 10:49:50 AM
Liquid cooling wouldn't help much more than air cooling. If you can get a 650 Ti or 650 Ti Boost, those are pretty solid depending on the price.
#6Retro_Cuddles(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 10:56:06 AM
i dont really know much about pcs. im ok with the gaming side and all the stuff but when it comes to the hardware. ok ram and video cards etc are easy to put in. but back in april i bought a new cpu and mobo. destroyed my pc trying to put it all together. had to buy a new psu.

i can probs hold off on a new hdd as my external one still has around 500gb of space left also.

ok this is my mobo

http://www.singular.com.cy/asus-sabertooth-z87-s1150-z87-atx-90mb0dr0-m0eay0.html

i was thinking of getting 2 650s and go sli or wtv its called.

http://www.singular.com.cy/gainward-geforce-gtx-650-graphics-card-2gb-gddr5-pci-express-3.0-x16-dvi-d-sub-hdmi.html

can you run dual cards with that one? i know i know theres better. but my bosses never pay us on time so food is really top prio, plus another 200 euros for a new passport. eughhhhh.
---
R.I.P Paul Bearer
#7r0ge00Posted 8/20/2013 10:59:13 AM
You really over paid for that motherboard. You could have gotten something much cheaper and had the same performance overall. Sabertooth boards are nice to look at, but offer rather negligible performance increases for the price increase. If you're already struggling with heat, you don't want to go anywhere near SLI. Get a powerful single card.
#8Retro_Cuddles(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 11:02:25 AM
r0ge00 posted...
You really over paid for that motherboard. You could have gotten something much cheaper and had the same performance overall. Sabertooth boards are nice to look at, but offer rather negligible performance increases for the price increase. If you're already struggling with heat, you don't want to go anywhere near SLI. Get a powerful single card.

cant remember what temp im running at erm im using the original HAF 932 coolermaster full tower. lots of big ol fans inside. i got the mobo as i was told its cool, with that thermal armor on it.
---
R.I.P Paul Bearer
#9Retro_Cuddles(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 11:18:06 AM
also i believe my mums bf has 2 cards and his doesnt overheat. he actually has a lower down version of my tower also.
---
R.I.P Paul Bearer
#10r0ge00Posted 8/20/2013 11:32:14 AM(edited)
Even if heat wouldn't be a problem, putting two 650s in SLI isn't a great idea. They're the lowest of the low as far as Nvidia cards go. You'd be better off with a strong single card.

Looking over that website you linked the stuff from, a 660 Ti would be your best bet and would be around the same price as two 650s. The Gigabyte would have better cooling, but the Nvidia one might be better due to it being able to expel heat from your case as it is set up as a blower card.