This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

kinda glad FFXIV has a sub...

#1Benjamin_ButtonPosted 8/20/2013 10:46:01 AM
its the only thing keeping me from buying the game. I played the Open beta and was so damn impressed in almost every aspect. Amazing game really.

Had this not had a sub, id be playing it almost non stop starting in a few days and I would disregard RL and the road to foreveralone.jpg would begin. my hard earned muscles would deteriorate from lack of exercise and a poor couch diet. Id ignore friends & family and maybe give my pet chow for adoption due to neglect. Id stop performing at work (and in my several hetero relationships) due to my mind and body completely being focused on this game 24/7/365.

thanks for adding the sub Squenix. You almost killed me.

also thnx for the open beta, it killed any hype i had for ESO.

/bfaqs
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD
#2Orestes417Posted 8/20/2013 10:51:39 AM
Over half a decade of WoW has permanently altered the criteria for "amazing" in MMO terms for me. I will admit that I'd be more apt to sink time into ARR if it didn't have the sub in place, but there's nothing in the beta process I saw that caught my interest long term.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#3SinisterSlayPosted 8/20/2013 10:52:49 AM(edited)
It has a sub.

Good, then I agree, saved me countless hours.

Hopefully ESO is smarter and goes 1 time buy or f2p.

Where is this beta anyways? I wasn't able to find it, just the bench marking tool.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4JrambharosePosted 8/20/2013 10:54:57 AM
The open beta is over. Early access starts this weekend and retail release should be sometime next week.
---
[M18X_R2][i7-3630QM][SLI GTX680M][16GB RAM][240GB mSATA SSD][2x750GB 1x320GB HDD]
[www.YouTube.com/VividVoyeurGaming]
#5FeatherwindPosted 8/20/2013 10:58:05 AM(edited)
Why exactly do people dislike subs? From my experiences the sub worked really well in both Runescape and WoW. Imo it's far better than microtransactions as the only thing it really encourages from the devs is to keep the game alive and running + occasionally release content to keep people interested.

1 time buy is fine too even if it doesn't encourage the devs to keep the game alive and fresh. But either is a lot better than microtransactions.
#6SinisterSlayPosted 8/20/2013 10:56:07 AM
Jrambharose posted...
The open beta is over. Early access starts this weekend and retail release should be sometime next week.

Ah, well good then.

Next game please :)
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7SinisterSlayPosted 8/20/2013 10:57:18 AM
Featherwind posted...
Why exactly do people dislike subs? From my experiences the sub worked really well in both Runescape and WoW. Imo it's far better than microtransactions as the only thing it really encourages from the devs is to keep the game alive and running + occasionally release content to keep people interested.

Play 1 hour a day, 3 days a week.
Then tell me if that sub felt worth it.

Because that is a situation many of us face. F2p or one time buy are much more relaxing, we don't feel the need to find time to play just to get our monies worth.
---
#8Orestes417Posted 8/20/2013 10:59:28 AM
Featherwind posted...

It's not that I dislike subs, per se. WoW for instance was a fantastic value for the amount of gameplay I got out of it. I'm just not going to commit monthly to a game that I'm not even certain can hold my interest to max level. The way I see it sub MMOs are all or nothing, go hardcore or don't even waste my time.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#9ThePCElitistPosted 8/20/2013 11:32:12 AM
Already have my Collectors Edition purchased and I pre-purchased 90 days worth of Crysta to add to my account to get the subscription bonuses.
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, x2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3
#10Benjamin_Button(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 3:49:10 AM
correction: ESO killed any hype I had for ESO. $15 monthly sub.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD