This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

kinda glad FFXIV has a sub...

#21XjphPosted 8/21/2013 5:48:31 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Play 1 hour a day, 3 days a week.
Then tell me if that sub felt worth it.

$15 for 12 hours of gaming is still a substantially better value than most new games today.
---
"Much as a spiders web, it began with a single thread." - Cilym
My Library - http://xjph.net/images/Library.jpg
#22Orestes417Posted 8/21/2013 5:52:19 AM
Xjph posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

$15 for 12 hours of gaming is still a substantially better value than most new games today.

And 12 hours in an MMO typically isn't enough to feel like you've accomplished anything. You could make silly arguments either way, but end of the day it comes down to what the guy paying the bill feels quantifies as worthwhile.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#23FeatherwindPosted 8/21/2013 5:59:16 AM
Xjph posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

I'm not sure how F2P with microtransactions would be better either. While it is true that you'd need to play a significant amount to make the sub feel worth it wouldn't you experience the same issue with microtransactions? For example wouldn't it feel that a skin for your character isn't worth it if you don't plan to commit to playing and using that character?

For example I only have skins on champions I play a lot of in LoL. I don't feel like skins for FOTM characters that I don't expect to be playing in a few months would be worth it.
#24XjphPosted 8/21/2013 6:01:00 AM
Orestes417 posted...
Xjph posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

And 12 hours in an MMO typically isn't enough to feel like you've accomplished anything. You could make silly arguments either way, but end of the day it comes down to what the guy paying the bill feels quantifies as worthwhile.

Exactly so. Which is why the slap fest between Sinister and Hi C (which I didn't notice until after I posted) is ridiculous. :D
---
#25SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2013 6:01:06 AM
Featherwind posted...
Xjph posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

I'm not sure how F2P with microtransactions would be better either. While it is true that you'd need to play a significant amount to make the sub feel worth it wouldn't you experience the same issue with microtransactions? For example wouldn't it feel that a skin for your character isn't worth it if you don't plan to commit to playing and using that character?

For example I only have skins on champions I play a lot of in LoL. I don't feel like skins for FOTM characters that I don't expect to be playing in a few months would be worth it.

Your exactly right, which is why we don't buy them :).
Us free players are just background fodder for the paying players. We make the server look populated.
And I'm fine with that. It means that when I have an hour to kill, I can play the game without costing me money.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#26TheNeckbeardPosted 8/21/2013 6:08:01 AM(edited)
Orestes417 posted...
Xjph posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

If you only have 1 hour a day for 3 days a week to give to play an MMO...

You shouldn't be playing an MMO. These are the f****ing people that are casualizing and ruining the experience by making everything super easy, super fast and practically handed to you.

Whiner: "Waaaaa I can't get <insert item> because i can only play 3 hours a week, make it easier for me"

Dev: "We like your money so we will sell out and grant your wish... *patches game* There now you can be level 90 in 3 hours and here we will give you a set of epic lv 90 armor just by /dance for us."
---
"I like my treasure like I like my baby steaks, raaare!" - Krieg the Psycho
#27SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2013 6:10:30 AM
TheNeckbeard posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Xjph posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

You shouldn't be playing an MMO. These are the f****ing people that are casualizing and ruining the experience by making everything super easy, super fast and practically handed to you.

Whiner: "Waaaaa I can't get <insert item> because i can only play 3 hours a week, make it easier for me"

Dev: "We like your money so we will sell out and grant your wish... *patches game* There now you can be level 90 in 3 hours and here we will give you a set of epic lv 90 armor just by /dance for us."

Good, I'm happy to ruin your game :)
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#28Orestes417Posted 8/21/2013 6:11:08 AM
^Sounds like yet another scrub who doesn't yet realize they can't hack it at actual progression tbh. As long as the high end still exists what does it matter if an MMO makes an effort to accommodate it's entire playerbase? Now that doesn't mean I agree with specific implementations of some of those things, but that's another story.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#29XjphPosted 8/21/2013 6:21:05 AM
Orestes417 posted...
^Sounds like yet another scrub who doesn't yet realize they can't hack it at actual progression tbh. As long as the high end still exists what does it matter if an MMO makes an effort to accommodate it's entire playerbase? Now that doesn't mean I agree with specific implementations of some of those things, but that's another story.

Agreed. Plenty of people complain that WoW is "too casual", but how many of those have killed Ra-Den?
---
#30Hi CPosted 8/21/2013 6:37:22 AM
TheNeckbeard posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Xjph posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

3 hours is way too long I have a job and kids and other stuff to do. Make it shorter and soloable.
---
You'll be my John G.