This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

kinda glad FFXIV has a sub...

#31Hi CPosted 8/21/2013 7:44:06 AM
Xjph posted...
Orestes417 posted...
^Sounds like yet another scrub who doesn't yet realize they can't hack it at actual progression tbh. As long as the high end still exists what does it matter if an MMO makes an effort to accommodate it's entire playerbase? Now that doesn't mean I agree with specific implementations of some of those things, but that's another story.

Agreed. Plenty of people complain that WoW is "too casual", but how many of those have killed Ra-Den?

WoW IS too casual.The problem with casuals and the typical person that plays MMO's today is that no matter how easy or more casual you make something they ALWAYS want it made a little easier and they will ALWAYS find a way to FAIL at it.

In the end it doesn't matter who kills what in WoW because it was never on the same level as early EQ raid progression and because of that will never be relevant.

Water flows down hill.
---
You'll be my John G.
#32Orestes417Posted 8/21/2013 7:47:55 AM
You're either in the moment or you aren't. Afterwards it's all irrelevant.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#33Robman5000Posted 8/21/2013 7:48:58 AM
I love it. Usually subscriptions bring about a more mature community.

Usually.

I spend around $60 a month on new games when I get bored of the ones I already have. When I play MMORPGs, that spending stops and I'm only spending the $15 or whatever a month. As long as the game is engaging and occupies my time, a subscription is doing me a favor.
---
Sorry if I came off kinda rude... You might have just experienced a sargasm...
Final Fantasy XI - Sobah - Server - Asura
#34Gandalf the IstariPosted 8/21/2013 7:49:12 AM
The only mmos worth playing are sub based.
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310
#35SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2013 7:59:16 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
The only mmos worth playing are sub based.

This is probably true.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#36XjphPosted 8/21/2013 9:12:34 AM
Hi C posted...
Xjph posted...
Orestes417 posted...
^Sounds like yet another scrub who doesn't yet realize they can't hack it at actual progression tbh. As long as the high end still exists what does it matter if an MMO makes an effort to accommodate it's entire playerbase? Now that doesn't mean I agree with specific implementations of some of those things, but that's another story.

Agreed. Plenty of people complain that WoW is "too casual", but how many of those have killed Ra-Den?

WoW IS too casual.The problem with casuals and the typical person that plays MMO's today is that no matter how easy or more casual you make something they ALWAYS want it made a little easier and they will ALWAYS find a way to FAIL at it.

In the end it doesn't matter who kills what in WoW because it was never on the same level as early EQ raid progression and because of that will never be relevant.

Water flows down hill.

Something in the area of 0.2% to 0.3% of WoW players have killed the final raid boss in current content. You would have that number be lower?
---
"Much as a spiders web, it began with a single thread." - Cilym
My Library - http://xjph.net/images/Library.jpg
#37jing0000Posted 8/22/2013 12:32:47 AM
I agree with TC. To date every MMO I have played that carries a sub has been better then one that was F2P. Unlike most people I'm sick of F2P games of any kind. They aren't "Free" and for the most part will bleed money of you worse then a sub based MMO will. (This is their purpose to make money after all).

And while that in and of itself does not make them bad. there are only a very few companies who can actually do it right, the rest are just lower quality games designed to make you spend cash. I'd rather they be up front about it. charge a fee, and increase the quality.
---
none