This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Want to upgrade my PC, what should I upgrade?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Want to upgrade my PC, what should I upgrade?

User Info: Xa3r0x

Xa3r0x
3 years ago#1
Current specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
8gb RAM
Corsair CX600
HD 6870
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4ghz
Asus M5A97
Crucial M4 128gb SSD
League of Legends - LOL ITS X
steamcommunity.com/id/sarjil

User Info: Altmadragon

Altmadragon
3 years ago#2
Depends on your budget

You could upgrade you cpu to fx8350 and the gpu

And pick up a HDD cause if you only got that ssd I bet your running out of space
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|

User Info: Xa3r0x

Xa3r0x
3 years ago#3
Yeah I already have a 500gb HDD, looking to get a 2tb soon. As for budget, im just looking to see what would be best to upgrade without spending too much. Also looking to buy two monitors 1920x1080 22"+
League of Legends - LOL ITS X
steamcommunity.com/id/sarjil

User Info: Altmadragon

Altmadragon
3 years ago#4
Well then I suggest getting the FX8350 cpu (update your MB bios) and picking up at least a 7950, with that you're set for CF later on.

Can't really recommend going with nvidia because you'd have to buy a new MB to sli later unless you prefer buying a single powerful card. Then pick up at least a 770gtx.
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Want to upgrade my PC, what should I upgrade?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived