This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do i made Amazon Prime do a one month after trial?

#11PigfartsPosted 8/20/2013 5:44:56 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
It's worth it, just pay for the year and be happy.

WHy is it worth it (real question) I know about the free fast shipping, but I never read into any other perks.

But if anyone here remembers before Prime, the free shipping used to be fast. What I really hate about Prime is the fact that with super saver shipping all amazon does is hold your order for an additional 4 days, which they never did before prime.

But its all good I never need something in such a rush.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#12Treason686Posted 8/20/2013 6:35:19 PM
Pigfarts posted...
Worknofun370 posted...

WHy is it worth it (real question) I know about the free fast shipping, but I never read into any other perks.

But if anyone here remembers before Prime, the free shipping used to be fast. What I really hate about Prime is the fact that with super saver shipping all amazon does is hold your order for an additional 4 days, which they never did before prime.

Free two day shipping, $3.99 one day per item, and Prime video. If you have a Kindle you get a free book per month as well.

You really think Amazon holds your order and then ships it two-day? What sort of sense does that make?
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#13kingdrake2Posted 8/21/2013 6:39:08 AM
on super saver, they save money by putting the stuff sold into being mass shipped at one time. i had something that was delivered in about 2-3 days when it should of taken longer.
---
They literally gave him the keys to the kingdom and he pissed it all away--dragonballer88
#14ShpooplePosted 8/21/2013 7:09:19 AM
It's well worth it. In the UK we don't get the amazon film thing because that's lovefilm over here which kinda sucks but we do get free next day instead of the two-day you get in the US.

You can also do the family thing, I put a friend down as my grandma for a laugh and they gave me a tenner, and now they can get free next day too.

If you can't get it because of the lump sum for a year I'd definitely get someone else to chip in and go halfsies
#15PigfartsPosted 8/21/2013 8:49:09 AM
Treason686 posted...
Pigfarts posted...
Worknofun370 posted...

Free two day shipping, $3.99 one day per item, and Prime video. If you have a Kindle you get a free book per month as well.

You really think Amazon holds your order and then ships it two-day? What sort of sense does that make?

No they hold it then ship it normal 4 day, hence it takes 8-10 days to recieve. I know this b/c I order something from amazon then get the shipping email days later. I used to order tons of stuff on amazon, not so much now, but I still do and the items ALWAY get shipped days after I place order.

The sense it makes it is gets more people to use amazon prime.
---
#16deadlyforcemanPosted 8/21/2013 9:27:59 AM
They absolutely hold the super saver items now. I've had prime forever and I've seen other peoples' orders literally say "processing" for the same items I've ordered for a couple of days.
---
Member of the WWEGSB Mafia
DSM for life...'95 GSX - 9.381 at 153mph
#17r0ge00Posted 8/21/2013 9:47:16 AM(edited)
There are only so many warehouses, and there are only so many people that can work at each warehouse. If they get a large influx of orders, they're going to do the Prime ones first. As long as your item is received by the estimated delivery date, you have no right to complain. FSSS is free, if you want it faster, you gotta pay.

Prime has been worth every penny to me.
#18PigfartsPosted 8/21/2013 11:37:15 AM
r0ge00 posted...
There are only so many warehouses, and there are only so many people that can work at each warehouse. If they get a large influx of orders, they're going to do the Prime ones first. As long as your item is received by the estimated delivery date, you have no right to complain. FSSS is free, if you want it faster, you gotta pay.

Prime has been worth every penny to me.

I don't think anyone is complaining, we are stating facts and it has nothing to do with worker load, have you ever used amazon before Prime?
---