This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need help making a tough decision

#11r0ge00Posted 8/21/2013 8:52:04 AM
Sparta19 posted...
Hmm....now you got me thinking if I should buy a new charger and test it since my current one is quite out of shape, but that would be a waste of 50-80 dollars if it proves not to be the case.

You can always return the new charger. No money lost. If it turns out not to work, you don't need to spend near $1,300. Most things in the $800-$1000 range would suit you fine.
#12Sparta19(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 9:18:40 AM
I just found this:

http://www.amazon.ca/HQRP-Adapter-N52DA-X1-N53SV-A1-Notebook/dp/B00DQQIMDW/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=AAYGAE4RVKMWI

That charger has the same specs as my current charger, except mine has an input value of 2.0A whereas the one in the link has a 1.2-0.6A, is that difference a big problem?

The second thing is that it's a third party adapter so i'm not sure at all how reliable they are in the first place. The seller also seems to have a high number of neg rep but at first glance they seem to come from people who didn't know what they were doing (such as myself).
---
And on the 8th day God said "Let there be fivehead!" and it was good. - wonderbreadman
#13PhilOnDezPosted 8/21/2013 9:27:52 AM
http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7352-clevo-w350st-p-5842.html?wconfigure=yes

If I was in the market for a laptop this would probably be what I picked up.

As for that charger, I didn't look at it but I always avoid 3rd party sellers if it can be helped, even if I have to pay several extra dollars.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#14Sparta19(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 9:42:53 AM
That looks like a pretty good laptop, i'm pretty sure that's actually better than my current model, i'll make sure to check out that website if I do decide to get a new laptop. I'll stay away from that charger, i'll try contact customer support and see if I can get a new charger that way.

Alright, i'll attempt to get a new charger, if that fails i'll go through with the solder process and once again, if all else fails, i'll get a new laptop. Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate your help.
---
And on the 8th day God said "Let there be fivehead!" and it was good. - wonderbreadman
#15NotQuiteAFreakPosted 8/21/2013 9:58:54 AM
Having replaced the Jack in my old Toshiba Satellite twice (Which is was a god awful laptop btw), I say go for the replacement. 5 bucks compared to $1300 is a hell of a saving, especially if you're trying to cut down on costs. Hell, replace the screen while you're at it too! It's not that hard. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-X5DC-X52F-K53E-X53U-X53U-X54C-K55A-X55A-X501A-LAPTOP-15-6-LED-LCD-SCREEN-/310651446023?pt=UK_Computing_Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item485444e307

It's probably not as high quality as your old one but it'll get the job done. Though do be careful when doing so, especially with the jack.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010