This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone please help me set up FTP

#1jakeDiLLaPosted 8/20/2013 2:53:25 PM
I've tried guides for Windows 7 but they all seem more complicated then it should be and some of the steps I can't do because IIS manager (which I really hate) is not the same as in the guide. I have 6.1 on all my computers and don't care to update to whatever version to do one simple thing.

ALL I WANT TO DO. Is transfer a bunch of files from one PC to another. Simple right? Should be... then why does it seem so difficult.

I used to ftp between my PC and Xbox 1 all the time without issue. Sorry but I don't know enough about networking to get this figured out on my own so hopefully someone with know-how is kind enough to tell me what I'm missing. I have enabled FTP services on both PC's. I use FlashFXP (not Filezilla) but it's probably more or less the same so the settings should match up. I am just directly connecting the PC's between ethernet ports and the adapters are set up for DHCP. I tried Static IP on both to no avail. Maybe I had the wrong gateway... I tried a different subnet as well..

Sorry for the wall of text. Help would be greatly appreciated.
---
i5 3570k / Gigabyte 7970 WF3 3GB / 8GB DDR3 / 120GB SSD
#2jakeDiLLa(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 3:13:34 PM
Pretty please
---
i5 3570k / Gigabyte 7970 WF3 3GB / 8GB DDR3 / 120GB SSD