This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worms World Party help...

#1Gabriel_DerochePosted 8/20/2013 4:03:05 PM
I have recently rediscovered my passion for Worms games, but I can't seem to be able to run WWP on my Win 7 pc.

I know there is a compatibility fix on the website, but if I got it right, that's only a color glitch fix. My game doesn't even start when I click on "play!", nothing happens at all. Team17 forum is down, so I can't ask there.

Also, I should add that in the installation folder there is no "WWP.exe".
Yes, the game is really old, but it is legally bought, on a disc, so I don't see why there should be this kind of issues...
---
Core i5-3570K @4.2GHz|Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 MHz|Crucial M4 128GB SSD|Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB|Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD|Corsair 500R Black ATX |Antec HCG 620W Pro
#2JKatarnPosted 8/20/2013 4:11:59 PM(edited)
Gabriel_Deroche posted...
I have recently rediscovered my passion for Worms games, but I can't seem to be able to run WWP on my Win 7 pc.

I know there is a compatibility fix on the website, but if I got it right, that's only a color glitch fix. My game doesn't even start when I click on "play!", nothing happens at all. Team17 forum is down, so I can't ask there.

Also, I should add that in the installation folder there is no "WWP.exe".
Yes, the game is really old, but it is legally bought, on a disc, so I don't see why there should be this kind of issues...

The legality of a game has nothing to do with how it handles changes in the structure/DLLs etc. of newer operating systems. Usually, most games 1999+ work just fine (unless they use a 16 bit installer, then you're SOL on a 64-bit version of Windows), Try running the game in 98/XP compatibility mode, as administrator etc.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#3Gabriel_Deroche(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 5:04:51 PM
I know that. I'm just a bit suprised that it's completely missing the .exe file. That's something you usually see when using pirated copies of a game... In fact, with no WWP.exe, I can't even run the game in compatibility mode...
---
Core i5-3570K @4.2GHz|Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 MHz|Crucial M4 128GB SSD|Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB|Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD|Corsair 500R Black ATX |Antec HCG 620W Pro
#4JKatarnPosted 8/20/2013 6:24:46 PM
Gabriel_Deroche posted...
I know that. I'm just a bit suprised that it's completely missing the .exe file. That's something you usually see when using pirated copies of a game... In fact, with no WWP.exe, I can't even run the game in compatibility mode...

Where did you buy this disc copy? It's entirely possible that you were sold a pirated/modified copy made to look like a genuine disc. If there are no EXEs anywhere in the install folder it's probably not a legitimate copy.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#5Gabriel_Deroche(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 7:36:23 PM
I bought it a very long time ago. Probably in one of those supermarkets' "chests of discounts", where they throw everything at like 5 dollars.
---