This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Average payment for EA Humblebundle is currently less than $5

#21BogePosted 8/20/2013 8:09:26 PM
Xa3r0x posted...
Maybe if Battlefield and The Sims were for Steam.

That would push me over the edge to actually buy it.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#22Fimble_the_magePosted 8/20/2013 8:11:48 PM
Everybody got Battlefield 3 free with ME3
---
Omegle is the worst site ever
#23lionheart5656Posted 8/20/2013 9:06:17 PM
ThunderPotato posted...
DerPancake posted...
Xa3r0x posted...
Maybe if Battlefield and The Sims were for Steam.

How would that matter? Steam is actually the one that makes people cheap.

Steam makes people cheap, but people just ignore Origin.

Steam makes people smart.

Buying things at full price is always a stupid idea when you can get the same exact thing and quality for a lower price.

Since digital refuses to let you trade in games and sell them to others, their competition is piracy. Hence very low prices.

They brought this on themselves.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#24HighpitchsoloPosted 8/20/2013 9:08:31 PM
i never give to charity, f that. i give 80% to developers and 20% to humble, always pay the average price. although i didnt buy this bundle it would have been all to humble.
---
Stop taking exactly what I'm saying and repeating it as if its exactly what I said because it is. -Cryptospuridium
#25jokujokujokuPosted 8/20/2013 10:05:55 PM
I honestly don't understand why people would rather give all their money to Humble rather than to charity. They make enough money. Assuming an average split of 15% (the default), Humble has made over a million dollars on this bundle alone. After taxes and fees, I estimate they'd bring in about $700,000. Let's be generous and assume $100,000 of that is reinvested back into the company to pay for bandwidth and any other resources they might need. Divide the rest among the ten employees and you have $60,000 per person in just this one sale, which is only half over. For reference, the average annual income of someone in San Francisco is around $45,000.

I'm sure it doesn't quite work out like my math, but the point remains: they're doing quite well with a 15% tip, and would be doing quite well at a 10% tip. They certainly don't need so many people giving them a full 100% tip.

The way I figure, my money can be used to help save lives, or it can be used to help provide ten people with a considerable income.