This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How the @#$% can you say you can't afford PC games at full price if...

#11Lemur_HPosted 8/20/2013 5:23:07 PM
R i c k posted...
Having money for one thing doesn't mean you have unlimited money for everything else you want.

+1
#12nickizgr8Posted 8/20/2013 5:23:50 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
... you play them on a gaming computer?!?!?!

I get more frustrated by the people that get a gaming computer then pirate all there games then call themselves a true gamer.

One guy I knew at college thought he was the bee's knee's. Was talking to a friend about how my other friend just spent 3000 on his computer. He then bought three monitors for it and a sweet mouse and headset. He then butts in and says that his 1000 "Gaming" laptop is better than my friends 3000 Gaming Desktop. So I asked him his specs. First thing I asked was his ram. He said his laptop had 32GB of Ram. I then got up starting laughing my head off. Went and got a drink, drank it continued laughing sat back down and told him to shut up and went back to talking to my friend.

He was a bit of a weirdo too. You know how you used to make up stuff you your friends when you like 7 to make yourself seem cool. Like I don't know you once kicked a ball so hard it hit someone in the face and knocked them out. Some crap like that. Well it seems that he never grew out of that phase and continued to make up crap at the mature age of 18. I really like the story of how he mad wrist mounted flamethrowers that used real flamer fuel.
#13Auron_59261Posted 8/20/2013 5:29:47 PM
It's not our fault that Green Man Gaming has so many killer sales/ preorder offers and that Humble Bundle is practically throwing games at us week-by-week. I'd still buy the games I want if they were full price, but my backlog usually allows me to wait a couple weeks until the inevitable sale hits.
---
i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz [] HIS IceQ X^2 7970 |1200|1600|3GB| [] 16GB Ripjaws Z 1866 [] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [] 250GB Samsung 840 [] 2TB Barracuda [] CX 600 PSU [] H80i
#14TimePharaohPosted 8/20/2013 5:32:31 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
I get more frustrated by the people that get a gaming computer then pirate all there games then call themselves a true gamer..

So you're saying what separates a true gamer from a fake gamer is the amount they spend on games vs. the amount they play, or the amount they have, or any other more relevant number?

So if I spent 1 million dollars on the Saints Row 4 Dangerous Wad Edition--which is decidedly more than you ever have, or ever will spend on games--than I'm a vastly truer gamer than you?

Solid poast brah
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#15nickizgr8Posted 8/20/2013 5:59:22 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
nickizgr8 posted...
I get more frustrated by the people that get a gaming computer then pirate all there games then call themselves a true gamer..

So you're saying what separates a true gamer from a fake gamer is the amount they spend on games vs. the amount they play, or the amount they have, or any other more relevant number?

So if I spent 1 million dollars on the Saints Row 4 Dangerous Wad Edition--which is decidedly more than you ever have, or ever will spend on games--than I'm a vastly truer gamer than you?

Solid poast brah

I'm guessing you pirate games and you got hurt by my post I'm guessing.

So if a guy in a really nice car goes to the local super market and steals all the food and drinks they came into get you would be okay with that?

I've even seen torrents on indie games as well. So what's that like going around to your local corner shop or butchers and stealing everything that isn't nailed down and putting it in your really nice car. I bet you would be okay with that right.

Someone has a really expensive nice stand for a TV but no TV. You have a really nice TV so I guess that guy coming into your house and stealing your TV for his stand is also totally cool right? I bet you also have furniture that would look really good in that guys really big house. I bet it's okay if he takes all your furniture too.

I mean it's not like anyone really gets hurt from them. Stores don't have to get insurance upping the cost of food and you don't have to use your insurance to replace all your stuff and then you have to pay more each month for it. So no one really gets hurt so its all okay right?

I really can't wait for responses to this which are going to be like "I pirate to boycott games. Actually I'm boycotting it because I don't like the direction the game is heading. I'm on of 1000 people who are also boycotting this game too. We wont make a impact because we are not the majority and only a idiotic company would listen to the minority. We actually all really like the look of the game so we are all going to pirate it and then enjoy the crap out of it and then never buy it" Then we are going to go to gaming forums to rage about how the game has changed even though we never actually bought the game and have no right to say anything about how good or bad the game is.
#16Babyfur_RigbyPosted 8/20/2013 6:04:24 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
nickizgr8 posted...

Solid poast brah

I'm guessing you pirate games and you got hurt by my post I'm guessing.

So if a guy in a really nice car goes to the local super market and steals all the food and drinks they came into get you would be okay with that?

I've even seen torrents on indie games as well. So what's that like going around to your local corner shop or butchers and stealing everything that isn't nailed down and putting it in your really nice car. I bet you would be okay with that right.

Someone has a really expensive nice stand for a TV but no TV. You have a really nice TV so I guess that guy coming into your house and stealing your TV for his stand is also totally cool right? I bet you also have furniture that would look really good in that guys really big house. I bet it's okay if he takes all your furniture too.

I mean it's not like anyone really gets hurt from them. Stores don't have to get insurance upping the cost of food and you don't have to use your insurance to replace all your stuff and then you have to pay more each month for it. So no one really gets hurt so its all okay right?

I really can't wait for responses to this which are going to be like "I pirate to boycott games. Actually I'm boycotting it because I don't like the direction the game is heading. I'm on of 1000 people who are also boycotting this game too. We wont make a impact because we are not the majority and only a idiotic company would listen to the minority. We actually all really like the look of the game so we are all going to pirate it and then enjoy the crap out of it and then never buy it" Then we are going to go to gaming forums to rage about how the game has changed even though we never actually bought the game and have no right to say anything about how good or bad the game is.

lmao he's just saying whether people pirate games has no bearing on whether they're a 'true' game

settle down there sparky
---
http://i.imgur.com/JBesOj0.png
~*~This Is An Authenticated Rigby Post - Accept No Imitations~*~
#17BcowmanPosted 8/20/2013 6:07:40 PM
nickizgr8 posted...

http://i.imgur.com/SRtdzAr.jpg
#18Love_Me_SexyPosted 8/20/2013 6:50:05 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
nickizgr8 posted...

Solid poast brah

A bunch of gibberish

None of your analogies fit here.
---
PS4 preordered! X1 Day 1 preordered!
PC Wishlist: 27" IPS, MB/RAM/CPU/GPU/PSU, 4TB HDD, KB
#19AltmadragonPosted 8/20/2013 6:56:45 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
nickizgr8 posted...

Solid poast brah

What did I just read.... Did you type this out before hand??
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#20MagnemightPosted 8/20/2013 6:56:46 PM
fun fact: buying a game used is tantamount to piracy, if you're looking at it from the creator's point of view
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against a Shy Guy onslaught!
Download the demo (offsite topic): http://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14596