This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone know a good brand of mic?

#1SneakersPosted 8/20/2013 5:18:37 PM
I need a mic that has records excellently...I see alot of products, but if anyone knew a brand or specific Mic that they use to converse and record with that does them good, that would be great. I want one that is affordable, so no really into paying a crud ton of money for one. I'm still looking online, but open to check any you suggest.

Thanks
---
PSN & Wii U - TheRealSneakers / 3DS FC - 3952-7010-7346 (PM if you add me)
Wii U + PS4 = Winning Combination.
#2daemon_danPosted 8/20/2013 5:19:59 PM
what is your budget
and what are you recording. Just voice? Or vocals?
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#3Sneakers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 5:24:40 PM
daemon_dan posted...
what is your budget
and what are you recording. Just voice? Or vocals?

Well, don't want to go past $50, and am just recording voice work...onlt vocals would be the odd one line thing.

Also would like it to have a stand if possible, but not really important....and is for my desktop computer not laptop.
---
#4daemon_danPosted 8/20/2013 5:31:32 PM
I can't really recommend things at that price point as most cheap mics are... well... cheap. But here's one I found that's SUPER cheap and plugs into any standard 3.5 mm mic jack, which almost every computer will have. It says laptop, but it will work just fine with a desktop

http://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Computer-Laptop-Notebook-canceling/dp/B002KL0VY2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377044797&sr=8-2&keywords=PC+microphone

I probably wouldn't rely on it too heavy cause it's insanely cheap and just looks poorly made to me. If you can spring for 90 bucks, there's this, which I haven't used but it seems to have some good capsules in it:

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Yeti-USB-Microphone/dp/B002VA464S/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1377044797&sr=8-14&keywords=PC+microphone

That is a sale price on the Yeti, so if you don't think you want to spring for it now, just know it will go up in price again soon.

and one more suggestion is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-AUDIO-Desktop-3-5mm-Microphone/dp/B000GCFN72/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1377044797&sr=8-15&keywords=PC+microphone

Looks pretty meh to me but it might be a decent mic.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#5Sneakers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 5:40:09 PM
gotta look those on Amazon.ca as Amazon.com doesnt ship certain things to Canada...the Yeti on the Canada site is $130 right now.
---
#6daemon_danPosted 8/20/2013 5:42:56 PM
Well hopefully the others will be the same price when you look them up. Would have been easier if you said you lived in canada in the first post xD
---
#7Sneakers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 5:49:12 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Well hopefully the others will be the same price when you look them up. Would have been easier if you said you lived in canada in the first post xD

Sorry bout that Yeah, I should have, but figured the prices wouldnt be too different....also forgot about Amazon's stupid policy on shipping to Canada.
---
#8daemon_danPosted 8/20/2013 5:51:53 PM
Sneakers posted...
daemon_dan posted...

Sorry bout that Yeah, I should have, but figured the prices wouldnt be too different....also forgot about Amazon's stupid policy on shipping to Canada.

The dumb is strong with that one. In any case, I hope you find something to fit your needs. Good audio devices are not cheap, unfortunately.
---
#9jaredt13Posted 8/20/2013 5:55:07 PM
I doubt you'll find anything worthwhile under $50CDN.

Here's the cheapest Mic I was considering buying:
http://www.amazon.ca/Ideal-Solution-Recording-Music-Podcasts/dp/B001R76D42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377046420&sr=8-1&keywords=samson+go+mic
---
"We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us." - Friedrich Nietzsche
#10daemon_danPosted 8/20/2013 6:00:27 PM(edited)
jaredt13 posted...
I doubt you'll find anything worthwhile under $50CDN.

Here's the cheapest Mic I was considering buying:
http://www.amazon.ca/Ideal-Solution-Recording-Music-Podcasts/dp/B001R76D42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377046420&sr=8-1&keywords=samson+go+mic

This actually seems like a good buy. I actually recently asked the same thing about mics and have learned HEAPS since then. I like that this has cardioid pickup patterns rather than condenser (I've learned to hate condenser mics)
---