This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name a good sandbox game for my new PC.

#11DerPancakePosted 8/20/2013 11:11:13 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Boge posted...
DerPancake posted...
Grand Theft Auto 4

Bad recommendation. When someone has a new PC, they want to see a pretty game running flawlessly. GTA 4 doesn't run flawlessly on any machine. So he'll see it running 40fps and be wondering if he just wasted his money.

So care to explain why I get a consistent 55-60 fps even with texture mods and iCEnhancer?

Mine runs it at 60fps as well even with all the graphic enhancement mods.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#12MackorovPosted 8/20/2013 11:15:20 PM
rareware101 posted...
Sleeping Dogs. Plays better than GTAIV and SR3, has characters you actually somewhat care about and looks gorgeous with the HD texture pack. I'd second Terraria as well though for something at the other end of the spectrum.

this. GTA IV looks like absolute s*** as compare to SD
#13daemon_danPosted 8/20/2013 11:19:04 PM
KURRUPTOR posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Boge posted...
DerPancake posted...
Grand Theft Auto 4

Bad recommendation. When someone has a new PC, they want to see a pretty game running flawlessly. GTA 4 doesn't run flawlessly on any machine. So he'll see it running 40fps and be wondering if he just wasted his money.

So care to explain why I get a consistent 55-60 fps even with texture mods and iCEnhancer?

Because your nose is about 2 feet long.

sorry you can't get a decent overclock, bro
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
#14LOLIAmAnAltPosted 8/21/2013 12:12:28 AM
Second Life
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#15CourtofOwlsPosted 8/21/2013 1:34:43 AM
also vote for sleeping dogs
---
Boycott Best Buy!
#16Giblet_EnjoyerPosted 8/21/2013 2:05:13 AM(edited)
DerPancake posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Boge posted...
DerPancake posted...
Grand Theft Auto 4

Mine runs it at 60fps as well even with all the graphic enhancement mods.

Yup, mine runs at like 50-60 FPS (until I plow through traffic) at 1080p/high settings/max traffic density and my system is pretty mediocre. My CPU is pretty good though, to be fair (4.0 GHz i5 2500k)

Oh and I also recommend GTA IV. Saints Row 3 is pretty good, too
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/katanaman444
Pccouchcoop.com http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html
#17Golden_GonadsPosted 8/21/2013 3:32:30 AM
X3: Terran Conflict. Space combat/trade simulator. Want to fly about in a fighter? Sure. Trade? No problem. Build space stations and produce your own goods? Certainly. Build up a giant fleet and kill everything you see in the universe? Easy as eating pancakes.
#18Kingmichael1337Posted 8/21/2013 9:19:11 AM
sleeping dogs is pretty well optimized for PC and looks gorgeous in a lot of ways, but the maximum draw distance is incredibly low, and it's really noticeable when distant objects start to pop in

idk if gta 4 has that problem, but i'm js
---
I'M GAY.
#19Zer0theNightPosted 8/21/2013 9:50:45 AM
none of those are sandbox games... -.-
---
PSN = Dreamthend1e
Alienware X51, Asus G73sw... works for me...
#20codyorrPosted 8/21/2013 10:28:59 AM
Europa Universalis 4 (I haven't played it yet but Paradox gets better with each generation of a game)
Victoria 2
Crusader Kings 2