This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about headphones

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about headphones
3 years ago#11
Are you looking for immersion or for competitive cues when gaming?
3 years ago#12
Immersion. Not much of a competitive multiplayer kinda guy.
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
3 years ago#13
Might want to check out the DT990 Pro.
3 years ago#14
OKay so... like I said I've learned a lot about audio equipment but not as much as I want to know yet, so could you break down why you would suggest the DT990 Pro over the Sennheiser 558?
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
3 years ago#15
The DT990 is just a better all around headphone. The highs might be a bit harsh for you though. Other options include the DT770, HIFI-780, and the SR225i.
3 years ago#16
HD558s don't need to be amped.
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
3 years ago#17
the Hifi-780s are just simulated surround, right? not with tons of s**** drivers packed into them?
3 years ago#18
Imo if you have a decent quality sound card then the amp is probably a waste (unfortunately I know very little about internal cards, I have alway used external sound cards). I think you'd be far better off pooling the money into a high end pair of akgs that will last you a lifetime.
3 years ago#19
jubjub_ posted...
Imo if you have a decent quality sound card then the amp is probably a waste (unfortunately I know very little about internal cards, I have alway used external sound cards). I think you'd be far better off pooling the money into a high end pair of akgs that will last you a lifetime.

I don't have a sound card. That's why I was debating between the amp and the soundcard
3 years ago#20
daemon_dan posted...
the Hifi-780s are just simulated surround, right? not with tons of s**** drivers packed into them?

Ultrasone HFI 780 is just an off-center placement of the speaker, so the Sound Pressure Level is reduced, and the sound waves hits your ear canal in-directly. To give a nice soundstage for closed headphones. No driver simulation. Although Ultrasone might apply their own sound manipulation to achieve their own european sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3SuvpiFn9Q
Asus P5Q\Intel Q9450 +Noctua D14|8GB DDR2, HD4850OC 1GB, 120GB OCZ, 1.5TB, 2TB, Win8x64P, Lian Li PC-A07A, Antec 550W, Dell 24", MacBook Pro 15" 2006
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about headphones

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived