This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EVGA shipping cards with multiple bios

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EVGA shipping cards with multiple bios
2 years ago#1
http://www.evga.com/articles/00767/

Haven't seen anyone mention it yet, 780s are shipping with 2 sets while some 770s are shipping with 3, the rest, along with 760s, ship with 2 as well. I've seen several people on here unhappy with software OCing and also reluctant to flash their card for risk of ending up with a brick.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
2 years ago#2
yep, this sounds like a good idea. I'm entered to win one but if I don't I won't be buying one.
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
(message deleted)
2 years ago#4
Heh, a feature found on AMD's reference design. Nice to see that standard Nvidia cards will be getting it too.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
2 years ago#5
daemon_dan posted...
yep, this sounds like a good idea. I'm entered to win one but if I don't I won't be buying one.

What did you put on:

How would you use the EVGA Double BIOS? (max. 200 characters)?

and

Are there any additional features you would wish to see on a 2nd BIOS? (max. 200 characters)
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
2 years ago#6
I'll give you answers for those because I'd like to see EVGA implement this.

1. Switching between stock and overclocking BIOS's as well as having a backup BIOS in case of a bad flash.

2. Completely unlocked voltage control for the core and memory, as well as having GPU Boost disabled.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
2 years ago#7
Snuckie7 posted...
I'll give you answers for those because I'd like to see EVGA implement this.

1. Switching between stock and overclocking BIOS's as well as having a backup BIOS in case of a bad flash.

2. Completely unlocked voltage control for the core and memory, as well as having GPU Boost disabled.

This is pretty much what I wrote
---
"Nowhere is longer safe. The earth MOVES under our feet. The great world tree, Yggdrasil, trembles to it's roots."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EVGA shipping cards with multiple bios

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived