This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who are not going to play FFXIV 2.0

#1LenneValkiryePosted 8/20/2013 10:45:39 PM
What's keeping you from playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? - Results (137 votes)
The subscription fee
42.34% (58 votes)
I didn't like FFXIV 1.0 so I'm not going to trust this one
2.19% (3 votes)
The beta turned me off
7.3% (10 votes)
It's a MMORPG
23.36% (32 votes)
I'm already invested into another MMORPG
3.65% (5 votes)
It's too generic/doesn't look interesting
13.87% (19 votes)
Other
7.3% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For me it's a combination of all the above really, but the deal breaker here is the subscription fee.
Yes, FFXIV might eventually get better. Keyword: eventually. Till then (which probably means 10-12 months, knowing SE) I'd be paying a subscription fee for a mediocre MMORPG.
I'd rather spend that money to buy 2-3 games that, you know, are actually good right from the start.
#2SnadadosPosted 8/20/2013 10:53:42 PM
The Japanese side of SE can't make a decent game to save their lives.
The only good games to have the SE badge on them are from the western studios they bought.

If it isn't from Eidos, Crystal Dynamics or IO it isn't even worth looking at.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#3machetemanPosted 8/20/2013 11:19:02 PM(edited)
Unfortunately it's the sub fee. It's not that I can't afford it, but after buying SWTOR day 1, then spending an extra $45 for three months of gameplay, only to be let down by the total lack of any sort of endgame, terrible engine, and boring PvP....P2P has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I picked up GW2 almost a year ago and got a decent amount of gameplay out of it, but endgame never materialized so I quit that. At least I don't feel scammed by GW2 because I wasn't paying to play...

The sub fee is ancient. Especially for an MMO that brings nothing new to the table and does everything "average", while having some of the most boring combat since original EQ.

If the game was B2P like GW2, I would without a doubt be buying it to give it a shot. I wouldn't be forced to play to validate the subscription, and if I ever was bored one day and wanted to get a FFXIV fix, I could just pick it up and start playing. But because the game is locked behind a sub fee AND I already have an idea of the gameplay from Beta P3, I'm not going to waste my time or money.
#4TheOppositePosted 8/21/2013 12:06:25 AM(edited)
I'm not playing it because it's an online RPG. I don't like the idea of paying a monthly fee for any game or the fact that its servers will eventually shut down. Final Fantasy needs to stay offline. The resources used to keep these online games going could be better used to ensure the next offline Final Fantasy isn't awful, considering apart from X, XII, Dimensions, After Years and the PSP/GBA versions of IV-VI the series has been going downhill for the past 12 years.
#5codyorrPosted 8/21/2013 6:03:43 AM
Other. I like offline single player games.
#6Orestes417Posted 8/21/2013 6:07:28 AM
The beta didn't show me enough to justify a sub. Few months down the road if it develops the sort of raiding scene I want to see, it's possible I'll change my mind.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#7dekouPosted 8/21/2013 6:10:00 AM
Its difficulty. I played the beta and, while it was a solid game otherwise, the whole thing was so damn easy I could win all fights by pressing 1 periodically. After some hours I logged off and never came back.

Yes, maybe FF and MMORPG are the wrong places to look for challenge, but it's stil what prevents me from enjoying this game.
#8SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2013 6:19:31 AM
Sub fee mostly.
But I never played the beta so I don't know if I would have actually liked the game.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9Immortal_MooPosted 8/21/2013 6:26:28 AM
The Sub Fee, I already have Eve online to play..
---
Steam/origin/PSN/Wiiu- theimmortalmoo | i7 3770k 4.4ghz | GTX 780 | 16GB Gskill | 1200w PSU | 3 HDD 1 SSD 256 | Maximus V Formula |
#10ThePCElitistPosted 8/23/2013 5:38:33 AM
TheOpposite posted...
I'm not playing it because it's an online RPG. I don't like the idea of paying a monthly fee for any game or the fact that its servers will eventually shut down. Final Fantasy needs to stay offline. The resources used to keep these online games going could be better used to ensure the next offline Final Fantasy isn't awful, considering apart from X, XII, Dimensions, After Years and the PSP/GBA versions of IV-VI the series has been going downhill for the past 12 years.

Meanwhile 11 years later FFXI is still online.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11