This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My modem/router resets itself when I opened utorrent or turn on my headset

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My modem/router resets itself when I opened utorrent or turn on my headset

User Info: BrutaI_Deluxe

BrutaI_Deluxe
3 years ago#1
It's not all the time but sometimes, whenever I add a torrent or else turn my headset on (it's wireless and needs a USB).

So, whenever I turn the headset on, my modem/router (I only have one item so I assume it's a combo modem/router) resets. As in, it's like I unplugged it and then plugged it back in.

Oddly, I have to do that to reset it properly. Like it will activate itself properly but I can't get the wi-fi signal on my phone/laptop/PS3/Xbox/etc

It only happens on my laptop and only when I do one of those two things.

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#2
Nothing to worry about just the NSA spying on you and sending your information to the RIAA and MPAA to build a case against you
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png

BrutaI_Deluxe
3 years ago#3
TimePharaoh posted...
Nothing to worry about just the NSA spying on you and sending your information to the RIAA and MPAA to build a case against you

I'm Irish >__>

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#4
So was little Jimmy O'toole
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png

User Info: Relentless639

Relentless639
3 years ago#5
My router will "forget" it's firmware when I use utorrent. i have to reset it in the small hole behind to get it back to normal.
I can't figure why because I am an ignorant who can't even understand the problem.

BrutaI_Deluxe
3 years ago#6
Anyone?

User Info: fatali

fatali
3 years ago#7
One of my old routers would freak out if I used the DHT network with torrents, disabling that would let it work fine.

The reason I found online was that to the router, the traffic for DHT trackers would look like a DDoS attack.
Mystery is the source of all true science.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My modem/router resets itself when I opened utorrent or turn on my headset

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived