This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elder Scrolls online to have monthly fee.

#21Born LuckyPosted 8/21/2013 5:22:23 AM(edited)
Slayn posted...
Subscribe usually has the best content.

Mind giving a few examples of these great MMOs that have this "best" content.?

I'll make it easy. Just name any 5 that aren't World of Warcraft.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#22Orestes417Posted 8/21/2013 5:21:30 AM
You do realize the upfront fee is a drop in the proverbial bucket. Especially with the typically included month of gametime factored in.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#23blakegallowayPosted 8/21/2013 5:25:21 AM
claytonbuckley posted...
I wouldn't mind subscriptions, if the game up front was free. But it won't be. It'll be pay for the game, then subscription.

Maiken100 posted...
I prefer the sub model. I don't enjoy any F2p MMOs. The content, support and community are much better in the sub model. Good news.

Did you ever actually read trade chat or Barrens chat in WoW?

Pretty sure he was reffering to the community as a whole and not a single zone chat people forgot about 5+ years ago.
#24Orestes417Posted 8/21/2013 5:31:26 AM
The community as a whole in say... LOTRO is vastly less obnoxious than in WoW. In fact you could replace LOTRO with pretty much any MMO and it'd still be true. What makes WoW worth playing is finding a good guild and turning off the general chat channels because frankly they're where people too stupid for reddit go to die.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#25SlaynPosted 8/21/2013 5:40:03 AM
Born Lucky posted...
Slayn posted...
Subscribe usually has the best content.

Mind giving a few examples of these great MMOs that have this "best" content.?

I'll make it easy. Just name any 5 that aren't World of Warcraft.

Everquest
Asheron's Call
Ultima Online
Eve Online
FFXI
SWG
Dark Age of Camelot
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#26Maiken100Posted 8/21/2013 6:13:30 AM(edited)
claytonbuckley posted...
I wouldn't mind subscriptions, if the game up front was free. But it won't be. It'll be pay for the game, then subscription.

Maiken100 posted...
I prefer the sub model. I don't enjoy any F2p MMOs. The content, support and community are much better in the sub model. Good news.

Did you ever actually read trade chat or Barrens chat in WoW?

There are idiots in every game, a sub won't stop every idiot. Most sub users, however, want to make the most of their time so pugs are better, people are more social and community is more helpful compared to a F2P. Also chat is not a good indicator of the community you need to go and talk to players to get a sense of things.
However I quit WoW after the whole LFG/LFR rubbish that pretty much ruined the community experience, Vanilla, TBC and early Lich were good times tho.
#27LenneValkiryePosted 8/21/2013 6:07:44 AM
I won't pay a monthly fee for a game that will most likely be infested by all sorts of game-breaking bugs like its predecessors.
#28SpazH3dPosted 8/21/2013 6:11:31 AM
Yup, I just lost the last ounce of care I had for this game. Good luck to the developers.
---
- My vision is augmented
#29CaliberChampPosted 8/21/2013 6:13:23 AM
If you are a pro sub supporter you also support anti consumerism. I'll just stick with Gw2 and DC Universe Online because apparently their devs are smart and fair enough to give us options. The other companies care more about money than bringing new people in. And when the sub model doesn't work out watch them become bitter and go the the route of swtor. I can't and won't support a developer with that way of thinking even if I do have the money to pay for it, goes against my principles.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman Arkham city
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z, EVE Online.
#30ThePCElitistPosted 8/21/2013 6:18:10 AM
I'm fine with this. I spend more money in F2P than I ever do if its P2P upfront.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11