This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elder Scrolls online to have monthly fee.

#71yarsPosted 8/21/2013 8:25:51 AM
it will be f2p six months after release.
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
#72nedrithPosted 8/21/2013 8:40:05 AM(edited)
Slayn posted...
Subscribe usually has the best content.

This and there is a reason a lot of people won't touch F2P stuff. For people who complain that a company loses customers by going P2P they would lose just as many if not more customers by going F2P because people know F2P games are never as high of quality.

ESO has a very good chance as long as Bethsda doesn't release a buggy piece of crap. If anything they are almost in as good a position as WoW was when it released. They are a well loved RPG company with a track record of releasing huge quality worlds(though I would disagree on the quality portion). They are also making a MMO in a well loved and established world that will make people want to play it. As a bonus there are plenty of people looking for a reason to stop playing WoW just like WoW had little competition in the casual gaming market.

I can see this game succeeding very well as a P2P, the only factor is the subscription fee and GW2. I don't expect the game to hit WoW based numbers but wouldn't be surprised if it gets past the 2-3 million subscribers mark.
#73yarsPosted 8/21/2013 8:36:27 AM
ESO has a very good chance as long as Bethsda doesn't release a buggy piece of crap. .

so you're saying it has no chance?
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
#74nedrithPosted 8/21/2013 8:40:32 AM
yars posted...
ESO has a very good chance as long as Bethsda doesn't release a buggy piece of crap. .

Heh, basically. More or less saying that that is there biggest problem.:) On the bright side they are releasing a MMO this time, so you have to take into account more aggressive beta testing. As long as they don't rush it and release it while it should still be in beta they should be fine.
#75MaximoomPosted 8/21/2013 8:47:52 AM
No problem, wasnt that hyped for this game anyway.

Moving on.
#76SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2013 8:50:03 AM
nedrith posted...
yars posted...

Heh, basically. More or less saying that that is there biggest problem.:) On the bright side they are releasing a MMO this time, so you have to take into account more aggressive beta testing. As long as they don't rush it and release it while it should still be in beta they should be fine.

That and it can't devolve into the typical MMO grind fest of "Kill x and collect y of z" quests.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#77Maiken100Posted 8/21/2013 8:53:05 AM
SinisterSlay posted...

That and it can't devolve into the typical MMO grind fest of "Kill x and collect y of z" quests.

Yeah, that's something you can't avoid In MMOs....
#78Tucker_BAPosted 8/21/2013 8:54:00 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Well that's disappointing.

So, whats the next game to get excited about?

Everquest Next is confirmed to be f2p but with benefits to people who sub. The game looks quite different from the standard WoWclone. It will get a lot of hate for that.

I expect it to either be a fair success or a colossal failure. No middle ground with a game this different.
---
Houston Texans: 12-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
#79SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2013 8:57:28 AM
Tucker_BA posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Well that's disappointing.

So, whats the next game to get excited about?

Everquest Next is confirmed to be f2p but with benefits to people who sub. The game looks quite different from the standard WoWclone. It will get a lot of hate for that.

I expect it to either be a fair success or a colossal failure. No middle ground with a game this different.

Now that's a plan I like.
Get me hooked with free to play, then unlock everything for a subscription, all cash shop items for free with a subscription (that lock if you stop having a subscription)
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#80SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2013 8:58:08 AM
Maiken100 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Yeah, that's something you can't avoid In MMOs....

It's also why most MMO's fail and go free to play.
Because those quests are the easiest way to add game time.
---