This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam selling undeveloped games

#41TimePharaohPosted 8/27/2013 5:02:58 PM
BigTlovesBEER posted...
I mean I get WHY they do it, I'm just starting to wish they didn't due to how much of it is saturating the Steam store. But I guess the "don't like it don't buy it" mentality is accurate. I could just ignore it. It just sucks when there's a game that interests me and I peak at it and it's basically an unfinished game.

....ok? So you've never looked at a trailer before?

This is an around just a terrible complaint. Let's see what happens because of early access games:

More games? Yes
Less games? No
"Space" taken from other games? No

Literally the only thing they do is....provide more games if you want them. How is this even a complaint? "Oh god don't give me more stuff"
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#42boochyPosted 8/27/2013 5:05:09 PM
Blame Minecraft.
---
Xbox Live GT/PSN ID - Duck Tales LOL/DuckTalesLOL
Steam ID: DuckTalesLOL
#43RavenoussdPosted 8/27/2013 5:09:44 PM
ivanwind15 posted...
Who cares. Don't buy it if the concept doesn't interest you.

---
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult
#44BigTlovesBEER(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 4:35:18 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
BigTlovesBEER posted...
I mean I get WHY they do it, I'm just starting to wish they didn't due to how much of it is saturating the Steam store. But I guess the "don't like it don't buy it" mentality is accurate. I could just ignore it. It just sucks when there's a game that interests me and I peak at it and it's basically an unfinished game.

This is an around just a terrible complaint. Let's see what happens because of early access games:

More games? Yes
Less games? No

Literally the only thing they do is....provide more games if you want them. How is this even a complaint? "Oh god don't give me more stuff"

First of all, lol, no one ever charged money to look at a trailer for a game so your point there is simply wrong and irrelevant to anything I had said. No other way around that crazy logic.
#45iscareu13Posted 8/28/2013 4:51:28 AM
Ravenoussd posted...
ivanwind15 posted...
#46Fade2black001Posted 8/28/2013 4:52:43 AM
BigTlovesBEER posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
BigTlovesBEER posted...

More games? Yes
Less games? No

First of all, lol, no one ever charged money to look at a trailer for a game so your point there is simply wrong and irrelevant to anything I had said. No other way around that crazy logic.

Just ignore him like everyone else does. 99% of the time he doesn't know what he is talking about and posts useless crap. So best off to ignore him.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#47claytonbuckleyPosted 8/28/2013 5:22:55 AM
DBNULLd posted...
ivanwind15 posted...

---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
#48pothocketPosted 8/28/2013 6:24:14 AM
claytonbuckley posted...
DBNULLd posted...
ivanwind15 posted...

Why is everyone repeating this as if it's a non-issue where if you ignore it it won't effect you? Guys, this concept of early access is relatively new and look how popular it's already becoming. If you think more and more of the market realizing they can sell unfinished products doesn't effect the entire market, I don't know what to tell you.

I said it before, the only way early access will work in a stable market is if they give the customer the option of a full refund up until the date the game is "finished".
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#49ivanwind15Posted 8/28/2013 6:30:25 AM
pothocket posted...
claytonbuckley posted...
DBNULLd posted...
ivanwind15 posted...

Why is everyone repeating this as if it's a non-issue where if you ignore it it won't effect you? Guys, this concept of early access is relatively new and look how popular it's already becoming. If you think more and more of the market realizing they can sell unfinished products doesn't effect the entire market, I don't know what to tell you.

I said it before, the only way early access will work in a stable market is if they give the customer the option of a full refund up until the date the game is "finished".

Again, don't buy it if the concept doesn't interest you. If enough people think that way, early access will stop because there would be no money in it. Likewise, if people enjoy it, the concept will stay. That's what's so great about the free market, the products are influenced by consumer demand.
---
My gaming Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ramblingtoad
#50RequiemPosted 8/28/2013 6:33:02 AM
This is different from pre-orders from established companies... how?
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex