This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is it safe to clean the inside of your desktop with airdusters?

#1LethalPuppyPosted 8/21/2013 8:35:09 AM
is it safe to clean the inside of your desktop with those compressed airdusters?
---
Phenom II X4 965 BE, XFX 6950 1GB, 4GB DDR3 1333
#2Ch3wyPosted 8/21/2013 8:36:08 AM
That's what they're made for.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2013 8:36:33 AM
I use a vacuum :)
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4LethalPuppy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 8:38:24 AM
Ch3wy posted...

Yeah that's what I thought, but on my can it says "flammable" so I got abit paranoid.
---
Phenom II X4 965 BE, XFX 6950 1GB, 4GB DDR3 1333
#5Ch3wyPosted 8/21/2013 8:40:45 AM
Well just make sure you don't spray the liquid all over it. Don't shake the can.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#6codyorrPosted 8/21/2013 10:35:46 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Well just make sure you don't spray the liquid all over it. Don't shake the can.

Yeah that's about the only thing that could go wrong. Oh and you should probably turn it off first just in case it does happen.
#7Garquille14Posted 8/21/2013 10:39:17 AM
don't tilt the can too much or the liquid will spray out
you may want to do test sprays at angles before you spray your computer so you can get a feel for it
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#8fataliPosted 8/21/2013 10:40:04 AM
LethalPuppy posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Yeah that's what I thought, but on my can it says "flammable" so I got abit paranoid.

If it says flammable is not just air, so you may want to use that in a ventilated area. I seen some of those cans that are actually filled with Propane Gas.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#9Ch3wyPosted 8/21/2013 10:44:04 AM
fatali posted...
LethalPuppy posted...
Ch3wy posted...

If it says flammable is not just air, so you may want to use that in a ventilated area. I seen some of those cans that are actually filled with Propane Gas.

None of them are actually air. That's why when you inhale them it makes you feel funny.
---
#10KillerTrufflePosted 8/21/2013 10:57:28 AM
"Canned air" is typically an inert gas that will not cause corrosion on sensitive electronics circuitry, and will not cause static buildup/discharge as it sprays through the plastic straw. It is virtually never just compressed air.

Also, I typically recommend you take your case outside when you blow it out. Otherwise, you're putting all that crap you blow out right back into the air you breathe, where it can potentially make you sick, as well as get sucked right back into your computer. Depending on how dusty your computer is, you do *not* want to be breathing that stuff. Better to do it outside.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23