This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does the nVidia Shields streaming work?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How does the nVidia Shields streaming work?

User Info: MDark478

MDark478
3 years ago#1
It's still in beta I think, so some of the streaming features may change, but I heard that it can only stream while it's connected to the same wi-fi as the computer your streaming off of. I was checking to see if this is still true or if they plan on changing this because $300 is a lot of money for just in home streaming and the ability to have an android phone with no phone service.
3DS Name: MDark478---FC: 4468-0997-6592
Official Reaper of the Kid Icarus: Uprising board.

User Info: Master_Bass

Master_Bass
3 years ago#2
As far as I know, that's correct and I'm not aware of any plans to change that. Personally, the whole thing just seems useless to me.
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.

User Info: qeoijlijw

qeoijlijw
3 years ago#3
you can f***ing play pc games while you're on the toilet.

User Info: CptJiggles

CptJiggles
3 years ago#4
qeoijlijw posted...
you can f***ing play pc games while you're on the toilet.
Steam: Cpt. Jiggles, 3DS FC: 5171-9862-3238

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
3 years ago#5
Master_Bass posted...
As far as I know, that's correct and I'm not aware of any plans to change that. Personally, the whole thing just seems useless to me.

It's mostly the fact that for $300, you're getting a device optimized for just that, along with a pretty decent controller built-in, and Android games and emulators you can take with you.

Personally, I'll probably hold off until it's $200 or less, for the convenience of being able to play controller-optimized games away from the computer desk. The game streaming feature is something that you've been able to do for a while with weaker hardware and Splashtop, so it's not exactly innovative, especially since you need specific nVidia cards for it to work.
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Nexus 4 16GB White * Sharp Actius MM20 * AKA Magus77

User Info: WeaponX1138

WeaponX1138
3 years ago#6
Yep, I use a nexus 7 to stream pc games to from time to time
Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom. STEAM ID: Silentmark1138
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How does the nVidia Shields streaming work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived