This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Installing SSD in macbook, have a few questions

#11TivorPosted 8/21/2013 12:00:05 PM
turbovirgin posted...
Nice tivor, thank you. Do you know if its possible to create a bootable DVD instead of using a thumb drive?

And yeah nazzaro, I guess I'll just go with the 840 pro.

Yep, you can make a bootable DVD too.

http://www.hightechdad.com/2012/07/25/how-to-create-a-bootable-mountain-lion-os-x-10-8-installation-dvd-or-usb-drive/

As for 840 vs 840 Pro, I understand the key difference is the write speed, Pro version being much faster. It's not that important to most users because we spent most time reading data off our drives, but as said, price difference isn't that huge, so if you can afford it, why not.
---
Vin Scully, Herge, Ray K. Metzker, Arakawa Hiromu, Mori Kaoru, Steve Jobs, Miyazaki Hayao, Walt Disney, Depeche Mode, John Stockton. RESPECT.
#12turbovirgin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 12:21:00 PM
Meh, the price difference between the 840 and 840 pro is looking to be about $75. Still worth it at the point? I'm not all too worried about the write speed, more concerned about the durability/longetivity of the drive.

I'm open to recs from other brands if you guys have any as well.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#13turbovirgin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 3:34:34 PM
turbo pls
---
Posted using GameFlux
#14SolidManifestPosted 8/21/2013 4:00:19 PM
Just get the PRO and be happy with it. Also do the dual HDD mod since you'll be opening it anyways.

Personally I went with the non-Pro 840s and reused the old HDD as the data drive via dual HDD mod.
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#15turbovirgin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 9:26:42 AM
SolidManifest posted...
Just get the PRO and be happy with it. Also do the dual HDD mod since you'll be opening it anyways.

Personally I went with the non-Pro 840s and reused the old HDD as the data drive via dual HDD mod.

I rip CDs quite often so unfortunately that's not an option. That's a really cool mod though.
---
Posted using GameFlux