This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Speaking of programming languages, how many do you know?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Speaking of programming languages, how many do you know?
2 years ago#11
SinisterSlay posted...
KillerzOverHere posted...
If you don't have job that deals with programming languages, why would you need to know?

Are you asking yourself that TC?

It was rhetorical. I don't have a job that deals with PC's, so I don't need to know about programming.
---
Gaming Laptops are so underrated...smh
xoticpc.com/images/xotic_pc_nbr_crew_sager_1.png
2 years ago#12
C/C++, c#, MIPS, java, a bit of html and VB,
2 years ago#13
Quite a bit. If know as in being able to get things done through retained knowledge and looking through reference material. I'm not as good of a script kid like I was when I was a teenager but I can still good work. Except for machine code, I can read those like regular texts. C family codes, html/css/etc somewhat. Mostly work with communications stuff though, if those codes count (encryption/decryption)
2 years ago#14
Mystical_NEET posted...
Immortal_Moo posted...
Mainly web like CSS/HTML
Some VB, and Action Script.
Also some coding for somegames but no idea what it would be.

I hope this post was also a joke

Are you one of those crusty dudes who swear up and down that only compiled languages are true programming languages?

On Topic:

T-SQL
C++/C#
VB/VBA/VB.net
Perl... well actually just the AWK subset
Python... just a bit though

.. and a metric crap ton of batch scripting, DOS and Bash style (though I don't get to use it at work very much anymore).
2 years ago#15
I'm worked with numerious languages over the years. However, if I was asked to code something on the spot without being able to look something up, I could do (in order of best knowledge).

SQL
Perl
Shell (linux/unix)
C++

I used to do JAVA a bit, as well as many of the web languages and tool kits. I also did a semester of Objective-C. There's others, but I can't think of them at the moment.
---
"The car in my battery died??? wtf" - Richie259
2 years ago#16
I can BBCode like a boss.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://tinyurl.com/bsdvav7
2 years ago#17
I know bits and pieces of BASIC, C and do some shell scripting and all, but could I code my way out of a paper bag in either one? Well, depending on which version of BASIC I could code my way out of and back into the paper bag....but with C I'd need help help making something I could compile.... so I'd say 1.... but again, it depends on which version of BASIC since there were half a dozen versions between 1981 and 1990...

---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5PgL.gif
(edited by arleas)
2 years ago#18
Basically all I use regularly is C++. But I've some knowledge in a bunch of other ones.
---
Now Playing - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
2 years ago#19
depends on what you mean by "know"

i know c++ and java but i can't like do anything useful with them. i just know their syntax and some features and classes and whatnot
---
I'M GAY.
2 years ago#20
C++, C#, objective C, Java, VB. For scripting; Javascript, VBscript, html, xml, xaml, Sql, python wsh.
---
[M18X_R2][i7-3630QM][SLI GTX680M][16GB RAM][240GB mSATA SSD][2x750GB 1x320GB HDD]
[www.YouTube.com/VividVoyeurGaming]
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Speaking of programming languages, how many do you know?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived