This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Speaking of programming languages, how many do you know?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Speaking of programming languages, how many do you know?
3 years ago#21
I have worked with Java, C, Perl, C++, C#, several dialects of BASIC, assembly on two architectures (MIPS and x86), Racket, Haskell, Ruby, OCaml, Standard ML, Scheme, J, Coq, ACL2, and small languages I've built for school/research purposes
I wouldn't say I "know" them all well though.
Most of what I write these days is in Racket. Most of what I read is ML, Haskell, and J.

If you don't have job that deals with programming languages, why would you need to know?
Deals with programming languages, or just with programming? I doubt many people here do much with programming languages themselves :-P
"debates are contests of rhetoric, not argumentative rigor." -DragooneerZero
3 years ago#22
I know BASIC and a little bit of GML. So pretty much just one.
Not changing this sig until Monster Hunter 4 comes out in US
3 years ago#23
c++
java
html5/css3
netlogo
scratch
processing
lego mindstorm
3 years ago#24
I love how symmetrical the poll result graph turned out. It really highlights the fact that, once you learn a programming language, it's super easy to pick up another one.
Vin Scully, Herge, Ray K. Metzker, Arakawa Hiromu, Mori Kaoru, Steve Jobs, Miyazaki Hayao, Walt Disney, Depeche Mode, John Stockton. RESPECT.
3 years ago#25
Java
Python
Visual Basic
C
C++
Is HTML considered a programming language more, or scripting?
COBOL to a certain extent.
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
3 years ago#26
None. I did study Basic and Forth at school, but I wasn't really interested and abandoned the course.
3 years ago#27
Visual Basic & C#. I have a few clients that utilize ASP.Net so this comes in handy.
SQL, Perl, Python, and Java are used pretty regularly by work so I'm comfortable with them.

I've dabbled a bit in Ruby just as a personal choice but I'm not all that comfortable with it yet (although it doesn't seem too difficult, I haven't used it in any real-world capacity).
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
3 years ago#28
Language is irrelevant.

If you know how to program, you can pick up any language you want in a week or less.
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
3 years ago#29
Treason686 posted...
Language is irrelevant.

If you know how to program, you can pick up any language you want in a week or less.

This.
[M18X_R2][i7-3630QM][SLI GTX680M][16GB RAM][240GB mSATA SSD][2x750GB 1x320GB HDD]
[www.YouTube.com/VividVoyeurGaming]
3 years ago#30
Jrambharose posted...
Treason686 posted...
Language is irrelevant.

This.

Yes basically this.

Although I found COBOL different enough to challenge me.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Speaking of programming languages, how many do you know?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived