This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Speaking of programming languages, how many do you know?

#81LaMichael_JamesPosted 8/24/2013 11:45:45 AM
i write my own compilers
---
GOAT
#82New LinkPosted 8/24/2013 2:58:33 PM
brainlack posted...
every programing language here I know but am I the only one who knows how to use sap delphi lua and ruby?

I've used lua, and i'm currently writing a package manager in ruby (i still would have rather used haskell, but ruby does have some benefits for this project, such as their very robust arrays)
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#83ElementalWindPosted 8/24/2013 4:40:27 PM
every programing language here I know but am I the only one who knows how to use sap delphi lua and ruby?
Uh... some of these languages were already mentioned. Since you don't appear to have read the topic, what are you counting as "every programing language here"? :-P
---
"debates are contests of rhetoric, not argumentative rigor." -DragooneerZero
#84Skul_Posted 8/24/2013 4:44:53 PM
Java
C
Ruby (Sort of)
---
It's not like the buyer just swipes a credit card, puts the employees under their arm, bows, and walks out of Index HQ. - Kromlech06
#85Lonestar2000Posted 8/24/2013 5:16:41 PM
None, I took Intro to C++ in high school and programming bored me to tears. Plus I'm bad at higher level math.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#86SinisterSlayPosted 8/28/2013 9:45:33 AM(edited)
Lonestar2000 posted...
None, I took Intro to C++ in high school and programming bored me to tears. Plus I'm bad at higher level math.

Not much math needed honestly unless your trying to code physics.
You just need to know the basics and how to use them. Know your order of operations.
I usually just write my math formulas with parenthesis around each piece I thought of in order. Even if it could be written more efficiently by considering the order of operations.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#87ElementalWindPosted 8/29/2013 5:01:22 AM
Dropping the redundant parentheses probably won't make it any more efficient.
---
"debates are contests of rhetoric, not argumentative rigor." -DragooneerZero
#88Orestes417Posted 8/29/2013 5:18:44 AM
You might not need to know straight math, but if you don't have a foundation in formal logic and algorithms you're not nearly the programmer you could be
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#89Cobra152004Posted 8/30/2013 7:11:51 AM
I looked at C++ and Matlab some in the past, but they never really clicked for me so I just voted for zero.
#90JudgmenlPosted 8/30/2013 8:07:56 AM(edited)
C/C++/C#/Java

+ Other nonsensical stuff that doesn't matter.

lawl@half the crap in this topic.
---
The complainer formally known as 1337_FF_GoD
http://i.imgur.com/Jb58DQv.jpg - Tanks Nade!