This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

company of heroes vs company of heroes 2

#1dioxxysPosted 8/21/2013 12:29:55 PM
On steam #1 is at the top of the list for strategy games but I dont see COH2 anywhere, was something wrong with it?
#2Killah PriestPosted 8/21/2013 12:32:30 PM
well last time I played it... its completely broken.

they keep trying to balance the game for PvP and completely ruin comp stomps because (when I played last, don't know what adjustments they've done since) the germans are far too OP late game.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3BilliePilgrimPosted 8/21/2013 12:51:32 PM
I haven't even played the game that much and I can confirm that the German late game is near unstoppable. Playing against medium AI can get hard (for me) if I don't move really fast early on. The other countries don't offer nearly as much trouble. Knowing all of that, I never tried PvP.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://tinyurl.com/bsdvav7
#4DerPancakePosted 8/21/2013 12:54:32 PM
Unbalanced crap and relies too much on luck.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#5Killah PriestPosted 8/21/2013 12:54:36 PM
at first you could rush the germans early game with scout cars and snipers but they nerfed the soviets because people were complaining.

which made everything worse because the germans were ALREADY OP to begin with.

also people in russia are complaining about how the soviets are portrayed in the game.
---
#6dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 12:54:53 PM
huh germans are op huh?
#7BogePosted 8/21/2013 1:11:58 PM
Also, it's not THAT much different from the first game. It has less content and fewer factions. Get the Eastern Front mod for Company of Heroes and you have all the goods for a VERY long time.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#8frenzzzy07Posted 8/21/2013 1:13:52 PM
Yeah IMO the problem is the Soviets were good early game before the nerfs, and after the nerfs they are only slightly better, and Volkgrenadiers with the MG34 upgrade I think are a decent obstacle for the Soviets. The problem is the Soviets have no reliable way to deal with the Germans late game, and I don't think the Soviets have an infantry solution to the Germans heavy armor. Take my opinion with a grain of salt because I haven't played a lot of Company of Heroes 2.

Another reason for the popularity of CoH may be the price and abundance of mods available for it. One last thing is I don't think the Germans are broken, but just a little unbalanced
---
Member of the stop complaining about everything in the game that can kill you just because you suck Club.
#9Killah PriestPosted 8/21/2013 2:00:15 PM(edited)
They just need to give the soviets a better way to handle the late game panzers.

I mean the game is already unrealistic so who cares if the panzers aren't as tough as their historical counterparts were supposedly.

They also need to adjust the AI because they micromanage better than any human could ever.
---
#10_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/21/2013 2:07:33 PM
COH2 was the most disappointing game that came out recently. I had high hopes and thought that the original COH was amazing. But to me, it was a big let down. Not a disaster or terrible game, just not at all what I had expected.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H