This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seeking good EXCLUSIVE (all caps bc nobody seems to know what that is) pc games.

#31meestah009Posted 8/22/2013 2:27:48 AM
Majesty 2. Never get tired of it.

Smite. Ya it's a moba but if you mute everyone and just play arena it's great fun without the usual online douchebagery.
---
Suckas need to wash dey ass...
#32TowerBooks3192Posted 8/22/2013 2:28:22 AM
Not for everyone but:

Europa Universalis IV
Crusader Kings 2
Victoria 2
Hearts of Iron 3
Distant Worlds
Dominions 3
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Master of Orion 2
Civilization V
Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire
Advanced Tactics Gold
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#33lonlonmilklover(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 8:57:40 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
I only need to upgrade if I'm going to utilize the technology.

utilizing technology and playing exclusives aren't mutually exclusive ya kno.

most of the games taking full advantage of the hardware out today are multiplatform games and you would be lying to yourself if you thought that something like BF3 on console is the same experience as BF3 on console.

Despite the typo I understand where you are going with this, and it would be true if I didn't care two cents about the fact that PC versions of multiplats may have sharper graphics and visual details. I just don't care, as that is a preference and doesn't change the interactive gameplay one bit for me.

Running and jumping and shooting in high res isn't any more fun than running, jumping, and shooting in low res.

I'm not a trout that has to be won over by the shiny.
---
www.backloggery.com/lonlonmilklover
#34lonlonmilklover(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 9:01:15 AM
Knight2520 posted...
I don't see the advantage of spending $300 for new equipment if there is nothing the PC gaming world can offer me that I can't already buy on several other consoles.

Skyrim or Fallout 3 and NV with mods are completely different games from the console versions.

I suppose I should say that I can play 5 year old games just fine, and did enjoy Fallout 3, although it was greatly overrated for me.

I'd say an example of a game that put the hurt on my PC a bit, was Alice: Madness Returns on 1920x1080, at whatever detail it defaulted to. (Medium High, I believe). At times, the frames sunk to about 23 per second, so I simply lowered the detail slightly and enjoyed the game just peachy.
---
#35lonlonmilklover(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 9:02:13 AM
Many thanks for all the suggestions, all :)

I have a good list of about 20 games that sound fun, 8 of which I'd never heard of.

Way cool.
---
#36xanthan1Posted 8/22/2013 9:24:09 AM(edited)
Magicka if you can get a coop buddy or 2. Try the demo first I guess, if after finishing the main game there's also the Stars are Left, Other Side of the Coin, Dungeons and Daemons, and Vietnam DLC.

Yes a fantasy game has a Vietnam expansion.

You CAN do the basegame by yourself if you try and The Stars are Left if you're good but it is a game made for coop.
#37lonlonmilklover(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 9:03:13 AM
I'll get a quick plug in for this one before I leave --

"To The Moon" - I gave it a try last night, and it's more of an interactive story than a game, but a fabulous story at that. Absolutely gorgeous, and a touching soundtrack to match. It's $2.49 on Steam for the DotD atm, highly recommended.
---
#38r0ge00Posted 8/22/2013 9:14:09 AM
Recettear - Shop management/light dungeon crawler hybrid.
#39lonlonmilklover(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 10:43:01 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
lonlonmilklover posted...

I only need to upgrade if I'm going to utilize the technology. I don't see the advantage of spending $300 for new equipment if there is nothing the PC gaming world can offer me that I can't already buy on several other consoles.

Being an owner of PC, and all major consoles, exclusives are the only marketing pull anything has.

Yea why buy a ferrarri when a minivan can drive the same roads

My point exactly... still just 1 steering wheel, and 1 accelerator each. It's still a vehicle, and still gets you from point A to point B.
---